New here, central IL

-
Reaction score
20170206_175942.jpg
20170206_175810.jpg
Just traded for a 72 dart swinger. 225, auto, bone stock, 4 Wheel drums and bone stock.

This year's plans are to get the front end tightened up. Ball joints, bushings, add front sway bar, misc joints in the steering are on the top of my list. Coil overs, power and disc brakes and as many tubular parts as I can afford is on the 2017 list. Just not required for safe operation at 55, in my opinion. Also, this year is stopping/fixing the rust.

If money flows like I wish it would, I would like to lsx swap by next spring with a 6.0L single turbo backed by a 700r4 to a Ford 9 inch but there are a few things that need done before that happens. Front tubular, coilover, rear end suspension and overall body rigidity. From what I have seen, the single turbo will fix the exhaust routing issue. Only time will tell though. I wouldn't be blown away if this all takes 10 years.

My questions for anyone willing to read this far are all about the front end right now. Any suggestions, parts/manufacturers recommendations are a big plus. Normally a ford/chevy kinda guy but it is cause I don't know a whole lot about Mopar. I say that and have a ram truck, dodge car, this dart and an IH dump truck. So I guess you all here could agree I have moved up in the world.

I look forward to suggestions and recommendations...and hopefully get positive results from the small steps taken to get to the end. Will post pics in a little bit. I don't have any yet.

Please don't waste your time, my time, others time and server space on the lsx swap thing. It was just so my future plans are said.

20170206_175810.jpg

Last edited:
:welcome: to the fray! if you just want to get it on the road, buy a front end rebuild kit from PST (they even give an FABO member discount) -- but I have to say, because you are considering going tubular - save yourself some $$ and time in the long run and get all the parts you ultimately want collected up -- do it once, do it right. Do some research, there are some great kits out there.. know what you want the car to do before you buy. Seriously, do a search for Mopar A Body suspension... :thumbsup:

Welcome from Pawnee. It sounds like you have quite a project ahead of you!

I have dug for about 3 days now with no real luck. Someone asks, gets pushed to stick with stock and post dies. Now that I am a member I will dig around in the suspension section and surely find something. I know the torsion bars gotta go for exhaust clearance. Should have no issue routing a 3" single out on the passenger side.

Welcome -- From Pa. -- Good luck with The Swinger.

Welcome from Northeast Arkansas , enjoy this very groovy site sir :thumbsup:

Welcome from North Carolina. Nice looking ride you have.

originally from Peoria area. live in Kansas city now. welcome.

don't do the ls thing either. more of a pain in the *** than anything. the gen3 09-newer 5.7 heads can swallow an ls head in comparison to flow and power potential.

I have a majority of the LS stuff but am weighing options. I am gonna build back to front. Get it mini tubbed, paint the trunk, relocate the springs and what not. I have a pretty good feeling I am gonna settle on a big block but only time will tell.

-
Back