New here. My 68 Dart GT.

-
C

Codfish

I'll get pics up here as I dig them out. Most are not digital, so have to scan them first.
Here's what I started with.
dart5.jpg

dart9.jpg

Original 273
scan0002.jpg

Original interior.
scan0004.jpg

Getting ready for re-do.
scan0001.jpg

All stripped.
scan0006.jpg

New metal.
scan0007.jpg

scan0008.jpg

scan0009.jpg

scan0010.jpg

Welcome to the site, looks like a great project! Keep the pics comming! :toothy10:

Welcome Codfish,your gonna love it here!Your ahead of the game with posting pics. already.Great project,whatcha putting between the shock towers?Any history?Do tell!

Thanks. I have lots of pics.

New paint. MM1 Turbine Bronze.
scan0011.jpg

scan0012.jpg

scan0013.jpg

scan0015.jpg

is_00388.jpg

007.jpg

30 over 360/904 combo.
scan0014.jpg

In and runnig.
jack1.jpg

Out with 7 1/4" peg leg, and in with 8 3/4", 4.56 suregrip.
scan0016.jpg

You'll have to follow along to see the "motorvation".:-D

FINALLY moving.
is_00086-1.jpg

is_00179.jpg

A day at the strip. 8.4@81mph spinning
is_00027.jpg

Welcome Codfish, nice Dart! I'm goin to take a shot in the dark and guess by your name you likely are from Newfoundland or the East Coast region at least! I myself am part Newfie thats why I ask lol.

Welcome Codfish, nice Dart! I'm goin to take a shot in the dark and guess by your name you likely are from Newfoundland or the East Coast region at least! I myself am part Newfie thats why I ask lol.

Only PART Newfie? That's OK. I won't judge you:toothy10:.

Actually I'm from Corner Brook, NF. Moved here to Estevan SK in 99 for 5 years, and forgot to move back:banghead:

What's you east coast connection?

gary

FINALLY moving.
is_00086-1.jpg

is_00179.jpg

A day at the strip. 8.4@81mph spinning
is_00027.jpg

gary

8.4 is not enough. On to phase two!!
Mini-tubbing.
100_5326.jpg

100_5296.jpg

100_5297.jpg

tub2-1.jpg

tub4.jpg

homemade weld in subframe connectors.
000_0498.jpg

Just gotta finish up cleaning up the trunk area, and painting it.

gary

Hmmmm? Phase three??
100_4765.jpg

Out with smallblock.
waiting.jpg

493.jpg

In with stroked RB.
close1.jpg

Running once again.
new3.jpg

codfish

My moms side is from Port Rexton Newfoundland. Same little town that the internet famous "Barrell-Cuda" is from lol.

Well I sold the Hoosiers and 8 3/4" rear.

Got some 325-50-15 drag radials and 15x10" steelies.

Now I hope to NOT have a spinning problem at the track. Just have to get the wheels painted tomorrow, tires mounted, put in place, and measure for the rear's width.
newmeat.jpg

New wheels
newwheels.jpg

Difference between old and new. Should make a difference 'eh?
newtire.jpg

Well the wheels and tires fit nicely.

With the relocation of the springs, mini tubbing and slight trimming of the wheel well's lip, I have about 3/4" clearance on both inside and outside.

And this is where it sits now. Just waiting for the rear, and it's time for some fun Should be up and running again in 2-3 weeks.

newback.jpg

gary:clock:

Dude that was a sick transformation. Love it.

x2.jpg

can you tell me how to do the mimi tubing / and moving the springs inbord thanks zdaddy

Nice progress Gary, hey I need one of those old hub caps for another car. Waaay back in pic one.

I want to see the finished stance. Nice

Collin

Now were talking, nothing like going for the throat with a stroked 440 in a lite A body. I'm sure you'll love it once you learn how to make it hook. A little advise that might help, leave squat for clearance between the snubber and body plate and don't get the ET's to hot at 18psi.

Terry

Well you,ve done good buye!You,ve been busy!Keep us posted with track times.Looks like a totally different car,which it is now.Did you have to lose your p.steering for header clearance?

Well you,ve done good buye!You,ve been busy!Keep us posted with track times.Looks like a totally different car,which it is now.Did you have to lose your p.steering for header clearance?

Yeah I had to go with a manual box to fit the 2" TTI headers. I like the feeling of manual steering better in the A-bodies anyhow.

Collin, I'll have a look to see if I still have the hubcaps, but I don't think I do. Keep your fingers crossed.

gary

Yeah I had to go with a manual box to fit the 2" TTI headers. I like the feeling of manual steering better in the A-bodies anyhow.

Collin, I'll have a look to see if I still have the hubcaps, but I don't think I do. Keep your fingers crossed.

gary

Sorry, the hubcaps are gone. I'll keep an eye out for ya though.

Maybe check with Doug371. We might be able to help out.

gary

Nice Car! Thants my dream project as well. Still lookin' for a 68 Dart GT or GTS to start the ball rollin'

I have been to Cornerbrook a bunch of times installing computer systems at auto parts stores. Cornerbrook Automotive, Colonial, Speedy. Had much fun drinkin' at the U Pick (can't remember the real name).

'couple of funny stories about Cornerbrook.

I was staying at the Holiday Inn on main street and walkin to the store each day with my laptop and walkin' by this hotel each morning and evening. The guys at the store say "You be careful 'cause yur walkin' by da U Pick". I say's "What's the U Pick?" Reply, " That Hotel". I say's "Why do you call it the U Pick". Answer, "Well, Dem girls dat hang out at dat hotel are gonna see you wit dat briefcase and der gonna know yur de only feller in town wit a job, and if you go in der U Pick".=P~

John Rose from Cornerbrook Automotive told me a funny story about the old days trying to locate his salesman on the road. He was callin' his customers up the northern peninsula one at a time asking if they had seen his guy. One customer says "well, there's a couple of guys in the shop, what's he look like?" John says " look fer a feller wit his hands in his pockets, that'll be him!"

pete

-
Back