New Hurst line locks are sweeeeeet!

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
Tom and I finally installed the line locks on my Dart. I had so much fun I wish I had done this a long time ago. It just sits and smokes those tires now. We thought we would be smart and run power to the solenoid and use the switch to apply ground. That way the long wire through the firewall would not be hot in case of a short. Everything worked great until we hooked up the activation light. What Tom was worried about came true and the power back fed through and turned the light on when the key was off. Once the car was started it stayed off until the switch was depressed, but we wired it the right way after that. I can tell you I will be looking for new tires soon. This is a freakin' blast! If my daughter comes over tomorrow I will get a serious burnout video.

Hurst Roll Control solenoid
View attachment line locks.jpg

Solenoid with new brake lines made and run.
View attachment line locks 1.jpg

Dude, you are cracking me up. I'm guessing your combo has exceeded your expectations? I'm looking forward to the video.

Gotta chart for you to fill out...

Price of driveline, $________
Weekly cost of gas, $______
Daily cost of tires, $_______
Giggling like at kid at Christmas everytime you fire that mutha up....
Priceless

My line lock makes me smile every time I don't stall my 4 -speed in front of the crowd at the strip. That would be embarassing!

At 16 (1971), I installed a line lock on my '69 GTX after watching a 70 RoadRunner on Main Street...light em up.WOW. After the install I drove over to the grocery store I worked part-time at (carry-out), and after stopping in the bank parking lot in front ...I set the line-lock and immediatly started fryin my tires. i was watching my co-workers and was wondering why they were laughing their a$$es off while the smoke was pouring out. Unfortunately...for me...a Sherriff had pulled directly in front of me...lights on an all...nose to nose...and I didn't even notice him as I was watching my co-workers reactionover my shoulder.

Needless to say...I BS'ed my way out of a ticket. I knew then ...I was a born salesman

Dude, you are cracking me up. I'm guessing your combo has exceeded your expectations? I'm looking forward to the video.

Gotta chart for you to fill out...

Price of driveline, $________
Weekly cost of gas, $______
Daily cost of tires, $_______
Giggling like at kid at Christmas everytime you fire that mutha up....
Priceless

The price of everything is way high. I put in the motor, tranny, dana 60, leaf springs, caltracs, floor shifter, hood scoop, go wing, wheels, custom dash and more. With car purchase I am 20K into this car easily, and I still have minor body work and a paint job to go.

If I drive on pump gas, which I normally do, I drive it a lot. If I drive it to work and back it costs $34 a day on average. Today I filled it up in the morning for $32 and drove around and to a car show and had to fill up when I got home for $42. I probably spend around $120 a week on gas.

I only replaced the tires once, and that was to go to a bigger tire. $240

At 16 (1971), I installed a line lock on my '69 GTX after watching a 70 RoadRunner on Main Street...light em up.WOW. After the install I drove over to the grocery store I worked part-time at (carry-out), and after stopping in the bank parking lot in front ...I set the line-lock and immediatly started fryin my tires. i was watching my co-workers and was wondering why they were laughing their a$$es off while the smoke was pouring out. Unfortunately...for me...a Sherriff had pulled directly in front of me...lights on an all...nose to nose...and I didn't even notice him as I was watching my co-workers reactionover my shoulder.

Needless to say...I BS'ed my way out of a ticket. I knew then ...I was a born salesman

atta boy!

atta boy!

Thanks....that was about 40 years ago...seems like yesterday!

Some complain I never grew up...
Oh well, time to head to the the shop...I gotta put the Sharktooth in my Hemi Duster

How do you have your lines ran? I have the exact same hurst line lock and it doesn't seem to work? The instructions I have say to run the lines from the master cylinder to the distribution block and then into the line lock. But one of your lines looks like it comes strait out of the MC and then into the linelock?

-
Back