New Kevko Pick-ups?

-

Cudafever

Reaction score
Has any one seen the new ones. this is for a 301 or 302 kevko pan.

I didn't know they had one that bolted up direct like this?

I like it a lot! Any one used one of these?

mopar.jpg

Picture came from cnc-motorsports.com

That's likely not going to work on a center/front sump pan.

That's more likely a rear sump pick up tube.

They have a forum for there produces and i started a new thread there. I also contacted them directly and left a message.

Your are probably right, and it's just a generic picture, but i so Hope its not!!!!!

My biggest concern was that they had (0) in stock for any of the Kevko SB pans.

Agree with Rob. I can't imagine it working with a center sump pan cause the oil pump cover just barely clears the pan. Rear sump no problem, but unless you have an aftermarket front suspension that eliminates the rear steering linkage a rear sump ain't happening

I'm getting ready to buy a Kevko pan and pick up. Can you tell me the advantages of running the pick up shown above vs. running the one they've been selling all along? Thanks!

m301-1_zps20e476d2.jpg

Fish
no, stock K frame stock style pan.

Brain
They say, one of the biggest restriction, in the SB Mopar oil system, is the pick-up tube diameter.

No matter how large you make the pick-up tube, you are still restricted by the thread size in the pump.
When it's bolted to the pump cover,....well your restricted to the side of the pump rotor its self.

This 408 will not see past 6000 rpm to begin with. but I'm building it to handle much more! Building bottom end for future HP.

I can't imagine it working with a center sump pan cause the oil pump cover just barely clears the pan. Rear sump no problem,

Sure wish it would fit but forgot about the vary tight pan to pump.:eek:ops:

I'm getting ready to buy a Kevko pan and pick up. Can you tell me the advantages of running the pick up shown above vs. running the one they've been selling all along? Thanks!

m301-1_zps20e476d2.jpg

That's the pickup, gold one, you are going to get if you buy the pan that works in a std car application.

Still haven't heard from them yet, But, i have my answer. Thanks guys!

If you enlarged that area of the oil pan, to accommodate that type, the drag link would be in the way as well.:banghead:

I was really exited that some one had "FINALLY" built one for a stock style pan.
Now i get why they haven't built one.

Brian

They say, one of the biggest restriction, in the SB Mopar oil system, is the pick-up tube diameter.

No matter how large you make the pick-up tube, you are still restricted by the thread size in the pump.
When it's bolted to the pump cover,....well your restricted to the side of the pump rotor its self.

This makes sense.

That's the pickup, gold one, you are going to get if you buy the pan that works in a std car application.

That's correct. I'm buying the M302 pan which is five quarts in the pan with a stock K member.

Kevko_zpsab1c5e5b.gif

So is the new pickup above not available?!?

This makes sense.

That's correct. I'm buying the M302 pan which is five quarts in the pan with a stock K member.

Kevko_zpsab1c5e5b.gif

So is the new pickup above not available?!?

Don't know, still have not received a response from them.
there probably 9-5, 5 day a week. Suspect i will get an answer on Monday.

I'm trying to get my pan and pick-up from cncmotorsports. There is SD and i live in WY aka the closes distributor to me.

Don't know about the new one listed above but they've had a pickup with a larger i.d. (less restriction) that works with the center sump pan for quite a while. That's what I'm using. Here's a blurry (sorry) pic of my 408 with it installed

Attachments

• DSC02222.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 201
Fishy do you have a part number for that pickup? I only see one listed on their website.

Brian that's the one you will get. there is only one part # for that pan.

The photo i posted is for a Rear sump oil pan. They just generitised (i know that's not a real word.....but it fits) one photo for all of the Mopar pan Pick-ups.

On the Kevko site the picture is correct for the pans and pick-ups.

I got a response from CNCMotorsports.
They show 0 because they are shipped directy for Kevko to Me.
I told them that there picture was WRONG and why it was!

Don't know, still have not received a response from them.
there probably 9-5, 5 day a week. Suspect i will get an answer on Monday

Any time I called Kevko was during normal hours, tech guy got on the phone, no voice mail or call back needed.
They were very helpful when I was building my 408. I used the rear sump pan with their pick up. They even offered to make the setup to my specification if needed to fit TTI 1 7/8" headers.

the pick-up is a M301-1
Fits M301 and or m302 pans

Pick-up picture i showed is for a rear sump pan #M101-1

As i said above you need the M301-1 Pick-up

-
Back