New kid from Washington state

-

J-man

Reaction score
Hi everybody my names Johnny and I'm 21. I remember being 13 and playing video games racing the old muscle cars around the tracks and thinking someday I will own one. Well after many years of hard work I picked up my first mopar a 73 Plymouth satellite. after owning it for 6 months I realized how little I knew. Long story short the car was nice but now quite me so I ended up selling it and lost some but was on a quest to find a car that fit me.

Fast forward to the early part of this year I turned 21 and instead of drinking like all of my friends every weekend. I choose to save and it payed off in March when I found a listing for a 69 Dart in Pullman. I live on the other side of the state so I drove 6 hours to take a look at the car. It was love at first site and I drove it around for a test ride instantly wanted it so I handed over the cash and dove it home. All was fine until snowqualmie pass when it began to snow and the road was covered a complete white out... The car made it home like a champ Go Mopar the love afair has never stopped since that first test drive.

I have the stock 7 1/4 rearend I have since picked up a large bolt 8 3/4 and have plans for a cut and re-spline but the non working gas gauge unfortunately takes higher priority. I still drive the car the plans are to enjoy driving this car while I restore it.

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

and here are a few pictures of the satellite if anyone is interested I know it's a b-body and this is A-body but just for the curious

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

Links don't work all I get is private album and need a password to get in

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome I fixed the links for the pictures(sorry about that valiant rebel I got used to using that format for Craigslist). I only took outside pictures so far because the interior is rough at best it's dyno matted and the back seats don't match the fronts but hey it's all mine! Just waiting for a few more things to clear out of the shop and the real work can begin!

Welcome to FABO, nice lookin' project you have there.
Cudos to you for not drinking like your friends and now you have something to show for it, and they don't!

welcome to FABO! I am probably 5-10 minutes away from you. Kent Des Moines rd and Military. Let me know if you need any help on something.

welcome to FABO! I am probably 5-10 minutes away from you. Kent Des Moines rd and Military. Let me know if you need any help on something.

Right on! I'll definitely need some help here in a little bit I just have little things for right now like install a new coil and fix the gas gauge. From there it's rebuild the 8 3/4 time and I can get into the really fun stuff.

Welcome, the gas gauge could be a bad ground at the sender. There should be a metal strap that goes from the tube on the sending unit the the steel fuel line.

Welcome! Great looking Dart you've got there. Also a Washintonian :)

-
Back