New LED Headlights on my Dart

-

bozvaliant

Reaction score
My wife bought me some new LED headlights for my Dart. After receiving some cheap Chinese copies from Amazon, I received the correct headlights. These are made by Truck-Lites and are DOT approved, fit great and work great. The only thing is that the lights stick out about 1/2 inch further out than the H4s that I had previously installed. It's hardly noticeable.
IMG_2643.jpg
IMG_0584.jpg
IMG_0583.jpg
IMG_0585.jpg

Nice! :thumbsup: Pretty cool that the divider bar in the headlights lines up with the horizontal grille bars too.

Yeah the conversion kits are no good, "toys" like Dan says. The TruckLite's are spendy but from what I've seen they're more than worth it. I'll be doing this upgrade on my Duster, converting all the lights to LED's to lower the electrical load and improve the lighting. Still trying to decide if I'm going to run the TruckLite's or the 8700 Evolution JW speaker LED's that slantsixDan recommends. The latter are really spendy, but considering the amount I drive my car it's hard to put a price on seeing a few extra feet if there's something out there. Plus actually think I like how they look.

I'd love to see more pictures of the trucklite's in the car if you have any more.

your car looks strung out now! But they look like they throw some light...does the bottom part ever come on, like high beam?

what did you do to your daylight runners?
My parking lamps have duel colored LEDs in them. I have them wired up to a relay that is powered by either the parking lights or the ignition switch through a toggle on the dash. When I drive, the lights are normally white. When I hit the turn signals, the white shuts off and the amber starts to blink.

Nice! :thumbsup: Pretty cool that the divider bar in the headlights lines up with the horizontal grille bars too.

Yeah the conversion kits are no good, "toys" like Dan says. The TruckLite's are spendy but from what I've seen they're more than worth it. I'll be doing this upgrade on my Duster, converting all the lights to LED's to lower the electrical load and improve the lighting. Still trying to decide if I'm going to run the TruckLite's or the 8700 Evolution JW speaker LED's that slantsixDan recommends. The latter are really spendy, but considering the amount I drive my car it's hard to put a price on seeing a few extra feet if there's something out there. Plus actually think I like how they look.

I'd love to see more pictures of the trucklite's in the car if you have any more.
I was considering the 8700 Evolution 2's also, but I kind of liked the look of the Truck-Lights a little bit better. The JW's do have a better beam like Dan says. There's a pretty good review on YouTube by Headlight Revolution on 7" round LED headlights.

How did you accomplish this. Sounds great.

How did you accomplish this. Sounds great.
The DRLs are accomplished by disconnecting the current parking lights by cutting the wire to the bulbs and installing a relay instead. The relay is triggered by either the ignition or the old parking light wire. I have the I have a hot wire from the ignition and the wire from the parking lights going through a toggle switch on the dash. That way I can have the lights work normally with the headlight switch or choose to have them come on when ever I turn on the ignition. These are the bulbs I purchased from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017C6B5H6/?tag=joeychgo-20

Stock wiring. What type of amp loads do those lights require?

Stock wiring. What type of amp loads do those lights require?

I've seen some varying numbers for amp draw depending on the source, seems like truck lite has been updating the lights and lowering amp draws over the last couple of years. From the truck-lite website they say 1.45 amps for low and 2.95 amps on high.

Complex Reflector, 7" Round LED, 2 Diodes Headlight, Polycarbonate Lens, E-Coat Aluminum, 12-24V | Truck-Lite

Compare that to a Sylvania H6024 at 3.12 amps low, 4.7 amps on high.

Sylvania H6024 - Headlight Bulb | O'Reilly Auto Parts

That's just from published specs, maybe slantsixdan has more info.

***edit***

The 8700 evolution 2 JW speaker LED headlights use 2.0 amps on low and 3.0 amps with high beams .
http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/led-headlights-model-8700-evolution-2/0549701/

Last edited:
I had the truck-lites on my JK Wrangler, they were nice, wayyyy better than the stock Jeep headlights. Like the dumbass I am, I traded the Jeep in and forgot to take them out.
:BangHead::mad:

-
Back