new lift

-

41husk

Reaction score
They are delivering my new Bendpack mid rise lift tommorow. I am excited!!!! I will take some pics after i get it assembled and installed.

I got my 4 post lift last year. very well built. Installation went well, 4guys 3hours. good luck and enjoy!

First off I had to go with a mid rise portable lift. Not enough ceiling space for a two or four post. The Co. offers free delivery BUT thats to have the truck come to the front of your house. You are responsible to remove the pallet and get it to the garage. For $75 they use a lift gate truck, remove the pallet, hand cart it to your garage. Best $75 I ever spent. I suggest you get it as close as you can to the spot you want it. Here are pics as it comes to you.

Attachments

• P4100122.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 390
This can be and was assembled by one person in about 1 1/2 hours. a few items like removing the base from the pallet (need a floor jack if doing alone) and mounting the power unit to it's stand, would have been nice to have an extra set of hands. It took about 1/2 hour to unpack everything. This pic is everything uncrated, and the power unit mounted to the stand.

Attachments

• P4110123.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 371
Photos don't want to load, but next you add the Hydrolic fluid, plug it in and you have a lift. There are 4 arms you attach. the directions show 2 washer (one on each side per arm, but they only provided 1 each. $2 at the hardware store solved that. It also come with 2 set of lifting pads, one is elevated about 6" to give you extra lift all and all it gets the car over 4' in the air. I can't fully lift do to ceiling in my garage. I will try later to upload pics?

worthless.gif

149mmmd.jpg

fail-owned-car-lift-fail.jpg

PatBusAccident009.jpg

0.jpg

P3130082.jpg

................................and..........................

The portable, low budget model

~~jack%20Stand.jpg

showthread.php

Funnyfailpics-car_Lift_Fail.jpg

LiftFailure.jpg

'S workin here. I seldom use the site upload, but rather www.tinypic.com. It's what I'm used to, even somewhat of a PITA to use

Are your photos too large? You know how to resize them? I usually resize mine to 600X pixels The method you use depends on what photo software you have on your 'puter. You can use all sorts of photo software, and including MIcroshaft "Paint" as wele as some tools you can download from Microsh$$, or third party doo dads. Lots of guys like Irfanview (free) but I don't run it as it won't run on Linux, last time I looked.

worthless.gif

fail-owned-car-lift-fail.jpg

................................and..........................

The portable, low budget model

%7E%7Ejack%20Stand.jpg

showthread.php

That's kinda scary....I have a hoist similar to that.

Last pic, is that guy welding on or just near the gas tank?:banghead: His make shift hoist looks safer than the work he's doing.

More than likely your camera is taking the pics at too high a resolution. This is great for printing the pics, but is needlessly to large for posting on the web. You need to copy the files to your hard drive (in fact make a duplicate copy in a different location so you dont modify the originals), then use a program to open and resize them. MS Paint comes with Windows, and although useless for any editing, will allow you to resize them.

I use 800pixels wide on a horizontal, or 800pixels high on a vertical shot. The other measurement will be less and determined automatically to keep the aspect ratio correct. It is possible that some pictures may load, and others not, as most cameras save the file in a JPEG or .jpg format which is compressed to save space.
With .jpg files, the more detail or colors in the original, the larger the file will be. They are not all the same file size.

Grant

-
Back