new member 1966 Barracuda in MA

-

loumash

Reaction score
Hi all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Bellingham, MA and I have wanted a MOPAR for a long time. In 1996 I bought a 66 Barracuda. It was an original 273/auto car that was pretty beat, but complete and rust free. It spent at least some of it's life in CA and it shows. However it had be ridden hard and put away wet and was coverd up with at least 4 paint jobs. It sported a non running LA which the seller described as a 318, but later discovered to be a 360. Here's how it looked when the seller delivered it:

IMG_20140205_0085_zpssplzuztq.jpg.html

WELCOME -- Lots of good stuff here. -- Looks like you've been here for a while. -- Enjoy !!

Welcome from the south shore. Like the fish especially the aaf bumper sticker. Lots of great info and people on here. The search button is your friend !!

Welcome to FABO!! Always GREAT to see another 66 on the road.

Have you been working on it since you got it?

Thanks everybody. I worked on the car pretty steady for about 2 years, collecting parts and stripping off 3-4 bad paint jobs. I made a few trips to Carlisle and also bought some parts from the newsletter of the Barracuda club. The plan was to do a Mopar Action Green Brick style build using parts for other mopars and have a stockish appearance. The original color was RR1 Yellow. That looks like a Manila folder to me. I have mostly decided to go with FE5 Rally Red and a White or Black Formula S style stripe. In 97 I got married and bought a house so work slowed a lot. The car has actually been offsite in storage (in a garage) since 2003. This spring, I will have space to bring it home so I'm excited to start work again.

Here's a a few more pic of the car when I got it. Like I said, rust free but well beaten

Thanks for posting the additional pics! Looks like a solid canvas.

Great to see you're going to pull her out of her slumber.

Welcome from Colorado! Enjoy the site and new friends:coffee2:

Dave.

welcome to the site from a neighbor in ct. let me know if i can help you find anything for your cuda. looks like a really nice car. hope to see all of you mass guy's at our may 21st car show here in glasstonbury,ct to benifit the troops. als maybe i will meet some of ya's at the frank marrattas auto show and racearamr feb 26 -the 28th.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 147
  • 022.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 001.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 144
I to am new to site and in process of total restore of a 66. I work in framinham and have friends in Blackstone. Might see ya around and definitely keep up on your progress. Great bunch of helpful people on this site!

Welcome! I have a 66 as well. Same wheels.

Attachments

• 1966 Plymouth Barracuda-L.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 85
-
Back