New member 1968 Barracuda Fastback

-

Jeff Getz

Reaction score
I am reaching out to you all in hopes of finding a trustworthy shop to work on my 1968 Barracuda. I am not mechanically inclined and I am looking for a shop to be my go to place for any work I need done. I live in SE Pennsylvania. My car is not a trailer queen and drive it approx. 3,000 per year. So at some point I expected some things would have to be done to it. I bought it in great shape from a gentleman in Brownsville TX and drove it back 2,200 miles in 3 days and the car ran like a champ. Right now I have a noise in the steering column when it is cold but the power steering fluid is full. Also looking for a full replacement of the engine gaskets.

IMG_9282.JPG

Welcome, and Damn! That looks real good. Good on you for driving it home from buying it. I did as well.

MORE PICTURES! =) I have a 68 fastback too, but it looks like hell.

Welcome, and Damn! That looks real good. Good on you for driving it home from buying it. I did as well.

MORE PICTURES! =) I have a 68 fastback too, but it looks like hell.
In the immortal words of the guy in the statue behind me, thank you very much.

Can't seem to get any of the other pictures to post.

made the trip with future son-in-law. flew down drove back. this was the true test. Brownsville to Houston to Memphis to jack daniels distillery to ft. mill sc and home to bucks count pa

IMG_0188.JPG

Welcome and a very nice looking ride, I don't think I've ever seen one with that side moulding before, usually I don't like it but it looks real good on your Barracuda.

Jeff

Welcome and a very nice looking ride, I don't think I've ever seen one with that side moulding before, usually I don't like it but it looks real good on your Barracuda.

Jeff

Jeff

If your talking about the molding half way up it was added by previous owner. I like it too plus it prevents dings in tight places. the molding at the bottom was a '68 thing

Welcome from north Carolina Jeff. Good looking car you have.

Damn, that was a trip of a lifetime!!! Nothing better than a road trip in an a-body!! Your car looks great!

I grew up in Waynesboro PA but have been gone so long and don't know any shops up that way. Keep asking around and you'll find a reputable shop to do the work. Or better yet...a retired car guy looking to help out another Mopar guy.

Damn, that was a trip of a lifetime!!! Nothing better than a road trip in an a-body!! Your car looks great!

I grew up in Waynesboro PA but have been gone so long and don't know any shops up that way. Keep asking around and you'll find a reputable shop to do the work. Or better yet...a retired car guy looking to help out another Mopar guy.
Only regret was not stretching it out another few days

Welcome aboard, that's a nice looking ride. That's also a road trip, you won't soon forget.

Welcome aboard Jeff! It's terrific to have you and that beautiful beast here with us (love the color!!). I get the feeling you'll be at home here in no time.
So whatcha got under the hood?? Gaskets should be an easy score -- see the other site Vendors as we typically offer discounts -- or Summit / Jeg's.

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA. Very cool trip to pick up the car. Offers a bunch of great photo opportunities for your car.

it has a 318. automatic. suregrip rear. I drove it back with the stock rear but the suregrip rear was in the back seat along with a bunch of other original parts. I had the suregrip rear put back on the car when I got back. drove the length of Tennessee (in thru Memphis out thru Chattanooga) on the trip and really enjoyed your state.

welcome to the fray - I too like the car AND the story! Good stuff!! Suggestion: maybe go to a few car shows and ask around about reliable shops in your area.

You've seen more of it than I have! I moved here ten years and one day ago after Hurricane Katrina, opened the shop a few months later, and have been so happily swamped in the meantime that I've never been more than sixty miles from the house since. Wish my ankle chain was longer -- I've heard East Tennessee is pretty. Lol

Hey, That's a nice Fish. Are you related to Leo Getz..... Sorry had to do it. Sure you heard it before...Working on these cars arn't that bad.Sometimes half the fun.Good luck with your new ride.

I do get that a lot. And thanks. I had a 67 Fastback 273HP back in early 80's and had buddies who could work on it and I only had to buy the beer.

-
Back