New Member - 1972 Dodge Dart - Phoenix, AZ

-

Jonnydodge

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

This is my first Mopar muscle car that I recently purchased here in Arizona. I have had experience throughout the last 35 years working on customers cars and helping friends with their Mopars. The history on this car is it was born a six cylinder, bench seat car. It was converted to a drag car with a partial cage and a 440. The last owner was converting it back to a street car, removed the cage, installed interior, installed a 360, and could not finish it due to health issues. One of his friends took over the project and brought it back to a street car condition for the most part. If anyone from Arizona recognizes this Dart, please reach out to me. I am curious to learn more about this Dart's history.

I am hoping to network with others who have Darts, learn to tech tips, and find parts.

Thanks!
Jon

IMG_2786.PNG

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2769.PNG

IMG_2775.PNG

IMG_2778.PNG

IMG_2779.PNG

IMG_2780.PNG

IMG_2781.PNG

Welcome aboard from Georgia!!
Lots of good people here.
Are you going to leave the spool in it?
Hi CudaMike,

I'm not sure if I am going to leave the spool in it or not. I havent had a chance to figure out the gear ratio yet. I dont have any experience with a spool in a car.

Thanks,
Jon

Welcome, Johnny from Topeka, Kansas. Kansas. Nice car. You are in the right place. Most of us know a lot about A Bodies, and the rest of us pretend to.

Hi CudaMike,

I'm not sure if I am going to leave the spool in it or not. I havent had a chance to figure out the gear ratio yet. I dont have any experience with a spool in a car.

Thanks,
Jon
A spool doesn't let rear wheels turn at different speeds in a turn. A spool is made for racing in a straight line.

Looks like a nice 72 dart. 72 is my favorite year for the dart.
The first time you drive in the rain with that spool you will be changing your underwear and then the differential....in that order.

Looks like a nice 72 dart. 72 is my favorite year for the dart.
The first time you drive in the rain with that spool you will be changing your underwear and then the differential....in that order.
I doubt I'll be driving it in the rain since it is a rare occurrence here in the desert. But I agree with changing out the spool at some point.

Welcome from Sahuarita! :welcome: Nice looking ride, sounds like you're off to a good start. I'm 2 hours south of you, don't hesitate to reach out if you need any support in the Tucson area.

Most of us know a lot about A Bodies, and the rest of us pretend to.
Hell, I don't even pretend.....I know I don't know anything! :lol:

Welcome from Sahuarita! :welcome: Nice looking ride, sounds like you're off to a good start. I'm 2 hours south of you, don't hesitate to reach out if you need any support in the Tucson area.

Hell, I don't even pretend.....I know I don't know anything! :lol:
Thanks Righty! I will let you know for sure. I hope to be at Tucson Dragway at the end of the month for the Duct Tape Drags. Only spectating though.

Hello Everyone,

This is my first Mopar muscle car that I recently purchased here in Arizona. I have had experience throughout the last 35 years working on customers cars and helping friends with their Mopars. The history on this car is it was born a six cylinder, bench seat car. It was converted to a drag car with a partial cage and a 440. The last owner was converting it back to a street car, removed the cage, installed interior, installed a 360, and could not finish it due to health issues. One of his friends took over the project and brought it back to a street car condition for the most part. If anyone from Arizona recognizes this Dart, please reach out to me. I am curious to learn more about this Dart's history.

I am hoping to network with others who have Darts, learn to tech tips, and find parts.

Thanks!
Jon

View attachment 1716137523

View attachment 1716137524

View attachment 1716137525

View attachment 1716137526

View attachment 1716137527

View attachment 1716137528

View attachment 1716137529

View attachment 1716137530

View attachment 1716137531

View attachment 1716137532

There’s a few of us around.
Here’s our junk up by Prescott.

IMG_2540.jpeg

73Dart.jpeg

Hello Everyone,

Thanks!
Jon

View attachment 1716137523

View attachment 1716137524

View attachment 1716137525

View attachment 1716137526

View attachment 1716137527

View attachment 1716137528

View attachment 1716137529

View attachment 1716137530

View attachment 1716137531

View attachment 1716137532
Well welcome aboard, you have hit the lottery if you are looking for Dart companions, info, how to, and general heckling. This site has an abundance of folks that do their own work. You can find a thread on most anything you want to tackle. FYI I have been running a spooled 433 rear end for years. Spooled is just terrible for the street, it is for the track. You will chirp your tires continually and when you least want to. Think local car show, slow speed turning in or out of parking lot and local police have a you chirp your tires you get a ticket position. My car is mostly track only but I like to take it to some shows to show folks the other side of the hobby. Your car looks great.

-
Back