New member - 67 Barracuda Fastback

-

barracuda-67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all -
I'm restoring a 1967 Barracuda fastback. The car originally came with a 273 Commando engine (which I have, but that's a later project). It now has a 318 in it.

My plans: I've done minor work to get it running. Now I'll take it to a local hot rod shop I know, to have 4-wheel disc brakes and 3-point seat belts / lap belts installed.

... then clean it up some and use it as a daily driver!

Left corner 1.gif

Best of luck! love the A fish!

Thanks, all!
Below is a photo in all its (faded) beauty.

The 2bbl 318 engine idles if you hold the throttle open a little. The second photo shows the vacuum holding VERY steady at 13 inches vacuum.

The third photo is my temporary fuel tank - a metal tank purchased from a mower-repair shop. I didn't want to use a plastic tank, in case of backfire after priming the engine, leaking fuel or whatever. That bundle that looks like a knot in the middle of the fuel hose is my way of making a shutoff valve.

You can see the 2bbl carb; I took it apart and dunked it in a gallon of carb cleaner.

I set the lid of the air filter cover on top of the carb every time I tried to start it (to somewhat contain backfiring).

Worked well! It runs OK.

Now need brakes... just enough to drive it to the top of the yard to get towed to the hot rod shop. There I'll go Wilwood discs all the way around behind Cragar black D-slot wheels.

Thanks for the enthusiasm!

View from afar.gif

Vacuum steady.gif

Temporary Fuel Tank.gif

Thanks, all!
Below is a photo in all its (faded) beauty.

The 2bbl 318 engine idles if you hold the throttle open a little. The second photo shows the vacuum holding VERY steady at 13 inches vacuum.

The third photo is my temporary fuel tank - a metal tank purchased from a mower-repair shop. I didn't want to use a plastic tank, in case of backfire after priming the engine, leaking fuel or whatever. That bundle that looks like a knot in the middle of the fuel hose is my way of making a shutoff valve.

You can see the 2bbl carb; I took it apart and dunked it in a gallon of carb cleaner.

I set the lid of the air filter cover on top of the carb every time I tried to start it (to somewhat contain backfiring).

Worked well! It runs OK.

Now need brakes... just enough to drive it to the top of the yard to get towed to the hot rod shop. There I'll go Wilwood discs all the way around behind Cragar black D-slot wheels.

Thanks for the enthusiasm!

View attachment 1716088894

View attachment 1716088895

View attachment 1716088896
Judging from that set up, you're either a farmer or a mechanical engineer. Lol! Nice looking project for sure.

-
Back