New member and A body car

-

66CudaJim

66 cuda
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My son Josh and I (Jim) are new to this site and auto restorations. We look forward to learning from all your advice and experiences. We just brought home our project last night, A 1966 Barracuda. It's going to need quite a bit of body work that we are willing to learn how to do. Anyway, here are some pictures and We look forward to seeing you in the member restorations forum as we learn and hopefully make progress on our 2 year project. Don't you just love the color?

Attachments

• DCP00727.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 275
  • DCP00729.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 273
  • DCP00744.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 275
  • DCP00731.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 274
  • DCP00732.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 298
  • DCP00733.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 286
  • DCP00735.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 295
  • DCP00736.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 286
  • DCP00747.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 303
  • DCP00748.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 269
Welcome Jim i was wonderin when you would show up,you were not kidding it is very pink don't look too bad of shape. Rember if you need something just pm me or there's always checkers everyone knows my Barracuda around here.

what color is that, pink or something???? I`m sure you will like this site, the is a wealth of information and knowledge here, Also alot of experience too

Moe

Welcome
Looks like a pretty clean car ride with minimum rot.
Nice interior too.
What is the original color?

Thanks sireland67,
The original color looks to have been a dull yellow. I think it's the same color you can see on the fire wall in the engine compartment photo. I don't know why they didn't paint the whole engine compartment when they changed colors.

Check your VIN for RR-1 (Yellow) or SS-1 (Soft Yellow) I took my driver's test in a Soft Yellow 66 Fury III. Welcome aboard from a two Cuda and a 66 Signet owner!!!!

66 barracuda factory A/C rare option,,dont break any of those dash switches or loose the bezel,,you wont find any,,,, kool car good luck

Love the car but can't help feel a little sorry for your son. I picture him tell his buddies "Yea I just got a car" then his friends see it and say It's PINK!

good choice,V8..console...and looks like a driver while restoring. I had a 64 barracuda with 273/4 speed in 1967...one of My MOST memorable cars. Good luck

Thanks sireland67,
I don't know why they didn't paint the whole engine compartment when they changed colors.

Because they didn't have enough Pepto Bismol to cover it all!
Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're both going to have fun here! Please post up pics as you progress with your build.
What are the plans beyond bodywork? New paint color? Engine? Interior?

I'm jealous. Any ideas on how to get my daughters to want to restore a muscle car with their dad. I have no clue.

Welcome and congrats. I have a 66 fish too with factory AC, but I wondering about the PCV hose running to the air cleaner. Mine doesn't have that. Could that be something that came on a California emissions package or added aftermarket?

-
Back