New member from Michigan

-

miken71

Reaction score
Howdy folks, Im from Eastpointe and I recently purchased a '72 dart for my 14 yr old son and I to work on. I am happy to find you guys and look forward to bein a part of this group. I am looking for any info I can get about replacing the rear frame rails and spring mounts and the torsion bar crossmember. sources for parts would be great. thx, mike

Welcome aboard miken71, we have some of the best of the best tec's here to help you along and great folks here to cheer you and your son on
I enjoy looking through the restoration threads There is a bunch of great work going on there. I sure miss seeing lake Michigan as I top a mountain back in the day picking cherries and apples and strawberries, I seen my first live concert in a town called ???Port. :happy10:
Pull up a chair and enjoy :happy10:

Welcome to the site buddy. Glad ya like it here. Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Hey Mike, welcome from one Michigander to another. Hope you enjoy the father-son project, sounds like good times in the garage for you and your son. If you're looking to just cap the frame rails and crossmember, try Auto Rust Technicians, they sell what they call the Sat-T-Cap, which goes right over the frame rails in question. If you'd like to replace them with real Mopar stuff, try our FABO member crackedback!! I just saw that he has some front and rear frame rails for sale here on FABO. His stuff is always good and I'll bet he would have a crossmember to supply too should you ask him. Good luck with the project and welcome again!!! Geof

Welcome to FABO. I envy you having a son to share this great hobby with. I have two sons that are in their teens but don't seem interested. My youngest is 13 and when he turns 16 I think I'll offer to buy him an old Mopar to tinker with. that might spark some interest. Looking forward to seeing some photos as you progress. You are lucky guys. You joined when we hit a million posts. (this is a real popular place) Here's a shot of my Dart and my wife and youngest son (enjoying the shade but not the car show) LOL toolmanmike

Thx for the warm welcome everyone. Just a little background, I also am priveledged to have a '67 coronet r/t in the garage. Unfortunatly this is a long term project that has to sit for financial reasons but the dart was something I thought we could work on together. We went out today and everything works on the car. We need to put fuel lines on it and it will run. The only thin it really needs are the torsion crossmember and the rear frame rails. My son is 14 and so we have 2 years to get it running. I have a 360 in the garage that we are looking forward to dropping in after he gets a little experience behind the wheel. Now my 15 yr old daughter is hinting that she likes old pickups!! Oh well, at least they will have cool first cars right? Anyways, I look forward to sharing our progress with the group and as always, any help would be great.

Welcome to the site. I would like to see pics of the newly acquired Dart, as well as the Coronet in the garage! Any shape is fine by me.

Welcome aboard! I'm going out on a limb and giving you some props right off the bat ... you've raised two kids who are into old cars! :-D You've done great so far but one of your best moves was finding FABO. Make yourself at home.

-
Back