New member from pacific northwest

-

DFootCuda

Reaction score
Hello everyone , love the site and hope to be very involved , havent been able to do much restoration for 20 years ( 67 Coronet 440 ) but now that my bussiness is stable and the house is built I plan on a starting a new project . I just purchased a 69 340 'Cuda and it needs a lot of work . I will get some photo's to you all soon ( not much to behold right now ) I have been looking at the car photo's on the site and love seeing the Mopar muscle . Girlfriend is laughing at me for getting my car before my shop is even finished , made sense to me .

I cant seem to download my car photo's , my computer locks up every time . do i need to download something ? I couldn't open the BB Duster project either .

You shouldn't have to download anything to upload pics. Links are simple links too that should open like any other. You must have a computer problem.

Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Looking forward to seeing pics of your new project. We love all pics here, before, during, and after.

Welcome aboard neighbor. Hope you get the picture issue figured out soon.

Hello again , can not figure out how to make my dam camera take pictures that will actually load ( my photo's r 6000 ) . You will have to bear with me for I have a small boat repair shop and work a lot during the summer so my visits here will be sparse this time of year . My new project is a 1969 'Cuda 340 fastback . The car is way bad i am afraid , back seat floor rotted thru , trunk spare tire rotted , this week end every where i looked it has cancer . I really like this car but i think it may be too far gone . Any advice on determining if this is too big a project . Car has cancer and rust holes around front windshield too.

It has some serious rust in some places I am concerned with ( window frame , door jam sill , heater/vent box ) . I have the original engine short block but no tranny . Need a passenger seat and probably a trunk lid . I already have fenders , 1 door , 1 bumper n brkts . How bad has rust got to be to not be repairable ( i already know money fix's everything ) without a ton o' money ?

As you get more into the A Bodies, you'll find that the "trouble spots" are fairly universal. The cowl, lower quarter panels, driver's side floor pan, drip rail edges, trunk lid / floor and under the rear window are some of the main places these cars usually rot out. Only your talent and abilities will determine how much rust is too much, and it's a decision we really can't make for you.

The second best move you've made so far is finding FABO though. :-D You've got almost 21,000 helpers ready to see it back on the road ... don't hesitate to ask.

-
Back