New Member from South Dakota

-

76swinger

Reaction score
Hello all. New member from South Dakota. I just picked up a 1976 Dodge Dart Swinger that ive been trying to get for 2 years. its a slant six with a 3 speed automatic. white with green interior. its been sitting in a field for (the best I can figure) the last 9 years. My father pulled it out and got it running but its got some issues. Someone put an extra transmission in the trunk before it was parked and the leaking fluid ate the trunk floor out. The drivers side floor is pretty much gone and the drivers side quarter panel needs to be replaced. Right now im working through some electrical issues, but its all about the build.
The 76 wasn't real popular, most people think they are ugly, but in my opinion shes a looker lol. itll be a slow build up, nothing crazy I just want to build a cruiser for now using the leaning tower of power and all. Im exciting to get her cleaned up and on the road. I cut my teeth on GM/Chevy's so this is my Mopar (non-Cummins) build ive done so ill be asking a few questions and hopefully ill be contributing on here as much as I can. Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the site.
Just a FYI, trans fluid doesn't eat metal rust does.
Think about it (floor pans also rusted)
If anything the fluid kept the trunk floor from being worse than it is.

yeah I figured the trans fluid wasn't the whole reason the trunk is gone. Im trying to add some pictures in here. how can I add them directly from the computer?

I think I figured out the pictures thing. I hope this works

Attachments

• dart1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 114
  • dart2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 133
  • dart3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 134
  • 20141204_171208.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 135
welcome...... I have a ponyac friend that rustproofs his trunk floors with ATF!! rust got it like he said!! good luck....

welcome to the site from ct. i also have a slant in my dart. it has a offenhouser 4 barrell intake with a 390 holley 4 barrell carb and dual hooker headers. shoot me a email and i'll turn ya on to some parts for ur car. i have a line on the drivers side quarter for 200.00. and the spare tire well for a good price also. talk to ya later, mike --- [email protected]

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 002.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 003.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 001.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 031.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 80
  • 034.jpg