New member from Spain - Dodge Barreiros 3700 GT

-
Welcome aboard Ruben very cool car and very cool history lesson! Great work!
Would you happen to have pics of the hearse? :thumbsup:
Thank you, 4spdragtop! I´m glad you liked it :) Well, the guys who sold me the engine were parting out 3 hearses. I have only a pic of this (I´m not sure if it was the donor of my engine but all of them were very similar). Here they were transforming it into a pickup to decorate a burger.

IMG-20160902-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20160902-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20160902-WA0046.jpg

IMG-20160902-WA0037.jpg

IMG-20160902-WA0039.jpg

IMG-20160902-WA0040.jpg

I LOVE the hearse! I'm cringing at the pics of him cutting it lol. Those are very cool and thanks again for the history lesson and pics. :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard!

A most interesting interior.
Thank you, rumblefish360! Yes, I think it´s one of the most luxurious interiors of the A bodies :steering:as Barreiros and Chrysler Spain intended to make a car from the upper segment of the market

I LOVE the hearse! I'm cringing at the pics of him cutting it lol. Those are very cool and thanks again for the history lesson and pics. :thumbsup:
The Dodge 3700GT was one of the most used models in Spain to be transformed into hearse... We could say that it was the Spanish Cadillac (cadillac was a rare car here), which explained its success as a hearse. On the other hand, in Spain classic hearses are not as valued as in USA or northern Europe so sadly their destiny is in most cases being parts cars. This is another model of 3700 hearse which fortunately was saved by being bought by a Finnish classic hearse lover

3700 funebre.jpg

3700 funebre2.jpg

Chrysler in the USA was made for the top shelf. The most expensive and well equipped of the group. Best of the best went into Chryslers.

Definitely a first for me too. Neat history and your enthusiasm surrounding it has me appreciate it even more!

Welcome to FABO!
Thank you PlymCrazy. I made many other little improvements like rear stabilizer bar, new tie rod ends, silentblocks, right mirror same style than the original left one I had to search in France, where it was manufactured, fixed A/C system... This was my first classic car and I have made a lot of friends fixing and taking care of it, we even built the Club Dodge of Spain and although only 30.000 dodges were manufactured in Spain from 1965 to 1977 and there are not many survivors we have made a good community of friends all along Spain.

nope its the street name where i live here in sj ca . but i've been to events from portland to pomona .

Awesome looking car

If i remember correctly, i spend my 16th birthday in spain, in a lil place called Playa del Oro

Some of the best times i cant remember

That's an awesome looking car Ruben. Thanks for posting it and giving us some interesting info on in. Welcome to FABO! We have have members from all over the world here!

Welcome Ruben, that’s a nice looking car, I always love seeing Mopar‘s from other countries.

-
Back