new member in colorado-72 duster & daughter

-

gtbpappy

Reaction score
hello! great site. i have had a few a-bodies in the past, mainly 340 demons. had a petty blue 72 340, a 71 lime green 340 auto with 3:91 high performance axle pack(wish i still had it) and some others. my daughter will be 15 in september, as i go to the car shows regularly in the summer( 1931 model a hot rod, 72 340 challenger and 03 mach 1, 1945 ford ww2 jeep) like em all!! i bought a pretty nice 72 duster froma neighbor who has had it for 20 years. gold with black interior. the fender tag shows gold with green interior from the factory! anyways, she like it, and i want to do it the way she likes. she made me a list-- gold paint, black stripes, dual exhaust, mag wheels with wider ones in the back, go wing, and whats funny---rear drag radials! we will be looking for some parts, this will be a great way to find some--wheels, tires, pass front fender and front bumper. sorry to go on and on--means alot to have a daughter interested in my passion also!! thanks, gtbpappy.

Let me be the first to welcome you aboard the best of the best sites going
It's always good to hear a father daughter joining in on our hobbies

let me try to figure out how to post pics--- i had lots of mopars! would love to share. i still have a set of cragar s/s wheels off of my 340 challenger---and they were unilug--wonder if they would fit?

welcome aboard Pappy......wheels prolly not gonna fit the 72 is small bolt pattern

I seem to recall that the unilug was a washer with the lug hole drilled off-center. The wheel lug hole was actually a slot and all you had to do was to rotate the washer to move the lug nut in or out depending on your bolt pattern.

Welcome from onecat... Post some pictures if you can, it's easy as you can load them up on Photobucket and it will resize them for here... John(onecatnodog):computer:

Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're both going to have fun here!

Welcome from Strasburg CO. Lots of people from Colorado here. What part are you from?

Welcome from Parker, Co. You better be ready cause your going to have a lot of fun here. I think you have to have 5 or 10 posts before you can post pictures. To start with you should come to this event.
http://www.extremeautorepair.com/EARFLYER2011.pdf
Great people.
Colorado Mopars is another good group to get with. The Denver Metro area has a lot of Mopar nuts so don't hesitate to shout out on this site for help or parts.

Jim

lets see if this works---the gold 72 duster we just bought.
military454.jpg

extreme has a good event---but may be at pueblo for the nsra.
huge show in castlerock saturday--bringing my 31 coupe--then to havana super cruise.

Oh, I don't have to school you, my bad. You've been around the block a few times, so school me, what's up in Castle Rock tomorrow? Where and where?

Jim

jim---the club i am with---vintage car club of castle rock holds the show every year. about 300 cars downtown. there will be 5 vintage drag cars--and they will fire them up. 60's surf band--and closing main street down. goes from 10-4. stop down, as its one of the best shows this summer. here is what i will have there, and havana tonight--greg.
1931ford018.jpg

-
Back