new member saying hello!!

-

dgswinger

Reaction score
wanted to say hello name is Derek im prob. like most of you on here i love anything mopar but have a special love for A-bodys.
ill attach a pic or 2 of my 70' swinger everyone seems to like the black steelies and dog dishes on it but ive been playing with the pro-touring look some.... let me know what you think be honest i can handle it!! specs are mild 360 race prepped 904 8 3/4 w/3.55 suregrip. im located in south central pa so anyone close to there let me know.

Attachments

• 306.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Photo329.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 181
Welcome! Looks nice either way. Prefer the dog dishes myself though....more rubber, but the 17's look alright too.

Wow shes a beauty. Personally I like the dog dishes and steelie look better. The car looks cleaner. I like how the stripe is only thing not green

yes it is certainly one green machine!! but that is the way ma mopar made it so why not keep it that way!!! i love Green!! my wife wishes it was blue and my girls wish it was pink.... i say we can have one in all of those colors i wont be upset!!!

Welcome to FABO nice car,i like the steeleys, rims are nice but those are not for this car JMO.

Welcome,that is a beautiful car! Choose steelies,my 2 pesos.

Welcome aboard, personally I would go with the steel rims and the dog dishes.

thanks to all for you input ive been playing with the idea of painting the steelies body color? anybody have a green car with green steelies so i can get an idea.....

welcome, I usually don't care for the pro tour look, but that didn't look too bad. The wheel size didn't look out of place. I like steelies.

A SoCal welcome to FABO for you, Derek. Great looking Dart!
Contrary to most, I'm not a big steely fan. I lean more toward the "2nd-day" look and think most all cars need a bit of bling and I think cars from the musclecar era look best with wheels that are more period correct. But that's just me.
Either way, steelies or bling, your car looks good. Your car - only you can decide how you like it best.

Welcome to the berst Mopar site on the interweb!!!! I think your car looks way better with the steelies and dog dishes, but IMO, it would look even cooler if those steel rims were painted to match the body :glasses7:

Either way, very nice Dart!

Welcome. I used to live in south central PA (Perry & Juniata counties) and used to have a green A-Body or 2 ('70 Gold Duster & '71 Dart Custom). Never had green wheels on my green cars, though. I think whatever YOU like should be the most important consideration.

Mike

problem is i like so many different looks!!! the car currently has rallye wheels on it lol! i agree with you guys only i can decide but i do like to see what others opinions are thats what make our hobby so great we all can appreciate something nice even tho it may not be in our specific taste.... ive been browsing pics and boy are there some really nice looking A-bodys you guys have!!! i have owned this car for 14 years now and continue to enjoy it! its started as a rolling shell needing the typical 1/4 panel work....

Welcome aboard! I'm a bit partial to Dog Dishes and Steelies myself, but hey, if you can afford it, keep all the sets of rims, with the appropriate tires on them, and switch them out whenever you feel the need to "change it up a bit". Kind like changing your shoes for different occasions.

thats a killer looking barracuda you have smlveightis!! yeah thats kinda what i do now with the wheels! switch them around every few months.....

Welcome to FABO. Great looking Dart you have. I am a huge fan of the dog dish caps. They give your Dart a "I mean business" look. tmm

-
Back