-

crooked1/2dozen

Reaction score
Hey y'all:

Just bought a '64 Signet convertible, 225, pb auto, I'm the 3rd owner. Great site to learn what I need to know. I'll be needing new tires, so will probably upgrade to 14".

Hers's what I need to know right now!

Do the rear windows roll down, mine only go down about 1 turn on the handle, but that could be from unused regulators gummed up with old grease or something, and I don't want to press the issue.

Is there somewhere online that I can find out about the convertible hydraulic system?, mine seems to be low on fluid, but I suppose there could be other issues, the top will raise and lower with a bit of assistance from me.

And, I need a wiring diagram for the radio, mine seems to have a tuner with separate amp??? but who knows. (someone here hopefully!)

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Dan

Welcome to FABO!!
Your hydraulics are shot from what it sounds like on convertable top

Btw, we love pics here, so give us some! LOL

Welcome to Fabo, sounds like you found a nice one.

Not sure if the 64 top is similar to my 68 or not, but you might find this thread both entertaining, and informative. The top was one of the few things that worked on my car when I got it.

I have a shop manual for mine, and the system does have space for air in it. So it runs for a couple seconds, before it moves anything, either up or down.

hello and welcome to the site. you can purchase a full color laminated wiring diagram for your car. click on this link and scroll down until you get to "64 Plymouth valiant"

I bought the poster diagram for 30 bucks which was well worth it, and helped out many times!

http://www.classiccarwiring.com/plymouth.php

Welcome. I'm don't know much tech stuff but I do know your backseat windows normally roll down all the way.

The quarter windows probably just need lube on the guides and regulators. They bend easily so don't force them. Pull the back seat and side panels (carefully!) and lube everythinig in site while you work the regulators up and down. Check the top rams for leaks and lube all the top mechanism parts while you're at it. A binding top frame can keep it from working on it's own. The radio is a simple two-plug hook up. One plug has the power and light wires and the other has the two speaker wires.

Welcome to FABO....:cheers: The rear quarter windows in my 64 V100 only roll down halfway (child proof) not certain, but the placement of the window in proximity to the wheel house could be the reason also...??? Not sure on the hard-tops...???

Rickster

Gents:

Thanks for the welcome, and all replies, I'll let ya know what I discover when I look deeper into things.

Methinks that a little top-up of the ATF in the top hydraulics might help, as the pump seems to develop pressure.

I'll check into posting a pic of the old girl, also. Still learning how to do these things!

I've also got to set the valves, I don't imagine they've been done for years.

I also had an interesting time fixing an overheating problem, I'll post under the slant 6 threads later.

Thanks again,

Dan

-
Back