-
Well, after 7 long years, the Dollar Darts back on the road. It's been a fun long journey, but it has finally been completed (For the most part).
Lets hope I can remember everything. I'll try my best to keep it all in some what of a time frame.
So after the purchase of the car it really sat till January 2015 till one day my dad and I decided it was time to get started and finish it.
We started by gutting the interior, removing all of the trim and windows, and getting it ready to remove the motor.
IMG_9300.JPG
IMG_9301.JPG
IMG_9321.JPG
IMG_9323.JPG

Interior front.JPG

I picked up a set of buckets from the scrap yard that were in a 65 Dart, hoping maybe I would end up with them in the car when finished.
So after the interior was gutted in January 2015, with the help from my little brother, we removed the engine and loaded it up on the trailer in August 2015.

motor compartment.JPG
Motor paint.JPG
Paint.JPG

And off to paint it went on August 10, 2015.

Paint shop.JPG
paint shop2.JPG
paint shop3.JPG
paint shop4.JPG
paint shop5.JPG

So after a couple months at the body shop, I finally picked up the car in November 2015.
While it was there I sent out the grill and bumpers to the polishing shop, and did all of the rest of the trim at my house.

interior done.JPG

When it was time to do the motor, I chose to paint the engine a later color blue, to match with the blue interior. I know some may think it was a poor decision, but to me, it looks great in that clean engine compartment.

paint done.JPG
Motor paint 3.JPG
Motor paint 2.JPG
motor paint 4.JPG
paint done 4.jpg
paint done 5.JPG

paint done 3.JPG
paint done 2.JPG

I ordered all of my interior material from SMS Auto Fabrics in Oregon.
I received enough material for the seats, headliner, real package tray, and kick panels.
I took all of my material and seats to Fontana Auto Upholstery in Fontana to have them sew up the seats and install the headliner January 2016.
The only thing I believe the interior needs is door panels, which SMS also makes, but is an 8 month wait...

interior done2.JPG
interior done3.JPG
interior done4.JPG
Interior heat shield.JPG
interior done5.JPG
interior seats.JPG
interior done5.JPG
interior done6.JPG
interior done7.JPG
interior done8.JPG

After the interior was completed, I took the Dollar Dart back to house to finish it up.
I tore the front suspension apart and replaced tie rods, ball joints, lower control arms, brakes, shocks, and cleaned it all up with some paint.
After i trailered it to get an alignment and exhaust.

dart done12.JPG
dart done13.JPG

dart done5.JPG
dart done 6.JPG
dart done7.JPG
dart done8.JPG
dart done9.JPG

And after 7 long years, it is finally back on the road and looking great.
It even went to its first car show in Victorville Ca and won a Top 20 Award

dart done10.JPG
dart done11.JPG

So I know it was a fun project to take on at such a great time in my life, I must say its time to move on.
Being 23 and a trying to start my career, its time to sell the Dollar Dart and hopefully get a home.
I know there's so much more I could include of whats new or rebuilt or done, but if you'd like to know just ask.

For the selling price, I believe $10,000 dollars is a great deal.
From my receipts and what it would cost to do this again, you are getting an amazing deal.
Thank you everyone who's answered my questions and helped out along the way.

-
Back