-

SOCAL64DART

Reaction score
Just purchased my first 1964 Dodge Dart.
Its a 2 door post with a slant 6 in it.
Not much needed to get it runnin, but here are pics..
Oh yah, did i mention i bought it for $1.00!!!!!
DSCN3041.jpg

DSCN3046.jpg

DSCN3047.jpg

DSCN3049.jpg

DSCN3066.jpg

Welcome! There are some very nice and caring people on here...

Well my drag racing teammate found it for me, this lady that he knows said its been parked for 9 years and she has no use for it, and she asked around and NOBODY wanted it, so she said she would sell it to him for a dollar.
Its an amazing find, hardly any rust, bodys really straight,
We took it to our local Car Wash and spent an hour washing it, you'd be suprised on how different this car looks just from washing it.
It needs a few things but its an AMAZING find.

Wow, I'm sooooo jealous, I'd kill for a find like that. The 64 Dart is quickly becoming my dream Dodge to build. I want a 4 spd version though.

Congratulations on jioning the site and for stealing the car without getting arrested, wow $1.00 Your one lucky dude. The car is in pretty good shape easy restoration no doubt!

Welcome to FABO SOCAL64DART! talk about one hell of a find! What are your plans for it?

Welcome to the site! Wanna make some money? I will give you $20 for it!! :-D

Welcome and thanks for saving an a-body from a sad and undeserved fate. I think that Dart actually looks happy on the trailer going to it's new home. Please update us on your progress. It's a beautiful car.

Hey SOCAL64DART -
Welcome to FABO - you'll like it here! Bunch of good people and tons of information should you need it.
Just a reminder that the Inland Mopars Car Club 'Mopars @ CSDR' car show is this coming Sunday at the California School For The Deaf in Riverside. Come on out to the show, enjoy the Mopars, and say 'Hi' to Ocdart, CarriesDuster, and 67gtx. We're all members of Inland Moparts.
Hope to see you at the show.

Ken (ocdart)

Welcome to the site. Great people with alot of info here. Everyone needs a great deal every now in then, hopefully you paid the lady more than $1.00. Looks like the trees had her boxed in. I've seen alot of cars and photos of cars that have been seting for years and the trees (nature) have done some pretty mean things to them. Great find & good luck with the build.

My plans for it are just to fix her up as a dailey driver, its gunn a be my sons high school car, and maybe his race car in the high school bracket, but yes, definately a great find.

Got her rumming Easter Day.
About 250 bucks into it.
New water pump,radiator and gas tank cleaned out, all new hoses and lines, carb rebuild, belt, battery and cables, new ignition starter, 5 gallons of gas, and she fired right up. Turned it over a few times to spread the oil, added a spray of gas through the card to boost it up, and it ran like it has been sitting for a day.
Really suprised on how easy it was to get it started after 11 years of sitting.

UPDATE! Ya'll wouldn't believe it, cars almost finished!
Stripped it, painted it, and am now in the process of putting it all back together. What a difference from when I first got it.
Motor Compartment

Sound Deadening

Interior Trip Polished

Motor before paint / Car after paint

Motor Painted and In

Side shot / Wheels powder coated white.

Seats back from upholstery

Detail of material (SMS Auto Fabrics)

-
Back