new mike moran hemi

-
sure wish i could get a set of those valve covers lol my last name is moran and that would be wicked to have moran racing engines valve covers

I'm guessing this is "loosely based" on a 426, as opposed to a 392 or gen III?

If i remember correctly this has no relation to a traditional hemi by any aspect other than the hemi design. Billet aluminum block with a 5.3 bore spacing. Billet aluminum heads. I dont believe anything on either of these hemis can be used on each other.

Saw it at the PRI show---139k. My buddy briefly thought about getting one until I reminded him he didn't have anything with a big enough engine bay to put it in!:D Neat stuff, but anyone that's been around that stuff knows there's NOTHING but custom parts in it, so to R&R/maintain it would be a pain..........

If i remember correctly this has no relation to a traditional hemi by any aspect other than the hemi design. Billet aluminum block with a 5.3 bore spacing. Billet aluminum heads. I dont believe anything on either of these hemis can be used on each other.

Well don't the mounts or at least the bell have to be based on SOMETHING?

I fully understand that most everything else is proprietary.

Nope! That's the problem! EVERYTHING is custom---engine plate, mid-plate, trans mounting set-up is what you decide & machined accordingly--and that's just the externals! How easy do you think it's going to be to get bearings, rings, pistons, whatever for a 5.3 bore-spaced, billet block & headed engine with a custom valvetrain & oiling system?
I'd love to have one but to be realistic------- for that kind of money I'd invest it in soemthing else.

Saw it at the PRI show---139k. My buddy briefly thought about getting one until I reminded him he didn't have anything with a big enough engine bay to put it in!:D Neat stuff, but anyone that's been around that stuff knows there's NOTHING but custom parts in it, so to R&R/maintain it would be a pain..........

That works out to $213 per cubic inch.......:wack:

I dont think theres anything wack about near top fuel power in a package fit for an outlaw car.
If they make the 785ci motor its gonna be a game changer.

-
Back