New mopar on the block

-

67cuda360

Reaction score
Hi,
I guess it is that time to introduce myself :)
My name is Wilco, and i just brought my "New" (at least, new to me) 1967 Barracuda home. What can I say, I feel like all my christmases have come at once LOL.

I picked her up from Barrie, Ontario where she was previously owned by a real Mopar lover and it shows. He has done an amazing job restoring it. There is no rust on it. It has had some floor panels and body panels replaced/patched and has been stripped down to bare metal and refinished with a high quality paint job with three layers of clear. The paint is a bit different but i have to admit it is starting to grow on me. Let me know what you guys/girls think.

The engine is a 1974/75 360 .40 over with edelbrock 650 CFM carb, edelbrock performer RPM intake, ported and polished heads with flat top pistons, double roller timing chain, and RV (low torque) cam.

Transmission is a 727 with 2500 stall converter, backed by a 8 1/4 rear end with 2.45 gears... WOW, but it still spins the tires. I guess i'll have to upgrade to some 3.23 sure grips in the near future :)

The car has been upgraded with front disc brakes, so she has the large bolt pattern on all four corners.

I have only been a member of FABO for a few days but the information on this forum is amazing. I'm glad to be part of it.

Hope to chime in with some of them in the near future.
Wilco.

Barracuda.jpg

Welcome aboard Wilco!!! It's great to have you and your girl here. These guys love their car **** so show us a few pics before they hound ya to death. LOL

Welcome to FABO Wilco.A fellow Cannuck and a '67 Bcuda as well.It doesn't get much better than that!:cheers:We need to see pics of this little beauty,so get postin.Also there isn't anything that can't be answered on this site.

<-----------------I showed you mine now......................

Oh,and Merry Christmas,ho ho ho.

Original formula "S" ?

No not original formula "S", the fender tag is missing, but i'll do some digging at chrysler to see what the history of the car is. The car is being safetied but as soon as it sits in the drive way i'll update with some extra shots.

No not original formula "S", the fender tag is missing, but i'll do some digging at chrysler to see what the history of the car is. The car is being safetied but as soon as it sits in the drive way i'll update with some extra shots.
I thought I saw an"s" badge on the fender,sorry.

I thought I saw an"s" badge on the fender,sorry.

Yep you are correct, it does have the "S" badge and the 340 notation on the fender. But the car is far from numbers matching, the engine/front disc brake setup/k-member and rear axle are from a 74/75 a-body and the trans originally came out of a 73 charger. Also the fenders are fiber glass but they fit extremely well.

Hey nice car, I used to see it driving around here in Barrie a lot, guy had it for sale recently, nice to see it got picked up by someone who became a FABO member.

-
Back