New Mopar Owner/Fan from Fullerton, CA

-

Patrykdart70

F'n New Guy
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the mopar scene. I just recently picked up a 70 dodge dart and I'm looking forward to working on it. I have a feeling I'll be here reading and asking a lot of questions, I also look forward to being able to get enough knowledge contribute as well :tongue10:

Welcome to the best mopar site around. We need to see pictures of this dart. What are your plans?

Thanks !

I plan on pictures a.s.a.p

Currently I plan on putting a new motor in it, then on the road of restoration!!

Cool. What motor? BTW when I was in the Navy I dated a girl that went to Cal State Fullerton. She was CRAZY! Ahhh good times.

Got a 318 from a 77 dodge that was given to me. Its gonna have to replace the busted slant 6 currently in it!

unfortunately fullerton still breeds crazy, but its home 8)

Got a 318 from a 77 dodge that was given to me. Its gonna have to replace the busted slant 6 currently in it!

unfortunately fullerton still breeds crazy, but its home 8)

LOL that's good to hear. You know with the right low budget parts you can make those little 318's scream. I love them. Do you plan on tearing it down or just dropping it in? What heads are on the 77 block?

from what I was told about the engine, it has the original stock heads... what they are is a mystery to me so far..

Going to do a total rebuild and put it in :D

I look forward to see what the 318 can do, All I hear is that they are some of the best engines of the era

Welcome to FABO from another North OC member. I'm just east of you in Placentia. What part of Fullerton?
You're going to have fun here. Great people and the best A-body information available.
What are your future plans for your '70 Dart?
Sending PM.

Welcome aboard, nothing like FABO your bound to learn so much from great people here. I have family in Anaheim and used to work at a NAPA in Fullerton 2007, now I'm back to my sweet home town San Diego!

Welcome to FABO there Patryk!! By all means show off that Dart. And while you're at it, show off your Mopar pride by heading over to tattoosbykj and gettin' a brand!!!LOL!!! Just kidding, show off that Dart though!!! Geof

Welcome from another Mopar fan behind the Orange Curtain.

Finally got pics to throw on here .. Will have more when I finally get to putting a 318 in her...

2011-08-28_14-04-55_815.jpg

2011-08-19_19-34-47_917.jpg

2011-08-19_19-34-34_1611.jpg

Nice clean looking car. I am kind of partial the 70-71 darts myself. :thumblef: Looks like you have small bolt pattern wheels and most likely drum brakes on the front. What rear is in it? If it's a 7 1/4" then a built 318 have been know to snap axles. There are some low budget disk swap and axle upgrade threads on here. Something to think about.

Nice clean looking car. I am kind of partial the 70-71 darts myself. :thumblef: Looks like you have small bolt pattern wheels and most likely drum brakes on the front. What rear is in it? If it's a 7 1/4" then a built 318 have been know to snap axles. There are some low budget disk swap and axle upgrade threads on here. Something to think about.

Yea shes a drum front. I'm not throwing anything major under the hood for a while. I am looking at doing all the conversion stuff when I get it running haha..
I believe it does have the 7 1/4 gears :banghead:

-
Back