New Mopar owners from ND, Hello!

-

petty2win

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have always been a car nut and love the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. I will say that I tend to be more of a Chevy guy, BUT, I have always loved the Mopar muscle. A little over a year ago I went shopping for some muscle. I quickly found out that the Cudas, Roadrunners, Chargers, ect. where WAY out of my price range. I found a 1971 Nova that I bought and enjoy very much (but thats another story). Fast forward to mid May. I was looking online at some Plymouths for sale and came across this neat little Petty blue Scamp. Being a huge fan of Richard Petty I had to take a closer look. The car was not that far from home, so as a joke I told my girlfriend that we should get the car so that she could go to car shows with me. Well, one thing led to another and now the Nova has a little sister. Its a fully unrestored 1972 Scamp. The original owner was a little old lady from Pennsylvania. It has a slant six with factory air. Every thing works like new, runs and drives super smooth. The girlfriend and I are having tons of fun and plan on enjoying her for years to come. Glad to be apart of the A-body club! Here are a few photos. Enjoy, Jo&Jeff
jpg.gif

jpg.gif

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_329.jpg

Welcome aboard ! That car was for listed here for sale not to long ago. Good score, its a clean one !

Welcome aboard ! That car was for listed here for sale not to long ago. Good score, its a clean one !

Thanks, I looked around and found the "for sale" post on this car. The price he was asking was high. A few months after the post, he had the car at the Mopar Nats in St. Paul, MN. He sold it to the guy that I bought it from. My girlfriend and I paid less and feel we got a good deal for the money. Its more her car for cruisin' (easy on gas!). Since the car is in such good shape for an unrestored car, it will likely stay that way. I'm more of a high horse power, loud pipes kind of guy, so if the Scamp ever needed major work, I would have no problem dropping in a healthy V8 and a sharp set of wheels and tires. I've seen a number of awsome photos of other members rides which have given me some good ideas for the future. The knowledge and info on the site is great! Being a new Mopar owner, I feel any help will surely be a plus. Which reminds me, anyone with any info on how to find out the number of 72' Scamps built with Petty blue paint and factory air would be great. I'm more curious than anything else. Thanks for the time. JJ:-D

Hi, welcome! That is a very nice car, you bought that from my very good friend Bob! I have known him for a long time and he likes to hot rod mopars. I think he wanted to sell it because he wanted to throw a small block in it, everyone told him to leave it alone! If he owned that car over the winter, he would have got bored and done the swap. I really like that car, he actually wanted me to buy it. One funny thing about the car is how far you sink into the seat, I am 6'3" and I felt like a little kid who could barely see over the dash!! Nice car and have fun with it!

thats a nice clean valiant, sure is alot of blue, blue wheels, blue body, blue engine, blue interior. im suprised it didnt come with a blue vinyl top. every make it down to south dakota be sure to go to the drag strip

Welcome petty2win!
that scamp is a thing of beauty.
Congrat's on a great Scamp.

Be careful!! that is a man magnet when she is out and about with it.
Hope you enjoy this great site.

Welcome Jo & Jeff, Nice looking wheels ya got there!! Hope ya have fun!

2052882_1.jpg

s550532141_330152_6858.jpg

s550532141_330153_7026.jpg

welcome hope to see it first hand one of these when my is done fellow ND area

-
Back