New pics of the 340

-

MoparGirl

Reaction score
So while I'm still waiting on parts to arrive and the transmission to be done, I'm just droolin' over this engine. Can't wait to see it in the car!

340 cid1.JPG

340 side shot1.JPG

Looks good! But I noticed something: your oil filter adapter is facing the wrong way. The filter should be facing towards the flywheel. Otherwise, they sure are pretty before they go in...

More pictures as you progress please!

Looking Gooood MoparGirl :thumbrig:\\:D/:thumbrig:
Yep John is right, But it is out of the why on the engine stand, Just don't forget.:-D

Looks good! But I noticed something: your oil filter adapter is facing the wrong way. The filter should be facing towards the flywheel. Otherwise, they sure are pretty before they go in...

More pictures as you progress please!

Yeah, they did that at the engine shop. Will make sure to do it right before putting it in. Thanks!

Please allow me to volunteer my help in breaking in this engine. We can install it in my Dart and get it running really well. Then, later, some day way down the road, if things work out, we can install it in your car.
No, no need to thank me; I just am constantly thinking of others and ways to help them.

Just a quick suggestion, before you start the engine, take off that FRAM oil filter and use it for a paper weight or a door stop. There is a really good link here about oil filter quality, and I think everyone will agree that a Fram is not the best choice. (Probably the worst choice)

NAPA Gold AKA WIX are a much better choice. I'll find the link and post it.

Great looking engine, best of luck.

Just a quick suggestion, before you start the engine, take off that FRAM oil filter and use it for a paper weight or a door stop. There is a really good link here about oil filter quality, and I think everyone will agree that a Fram is not the best choice. (Probably the worst choice)

NAPA Gold AKA WIX are a much better choice. I'll find the link and post it.

Great looking engine, best of luck.

i agree.

-
Back