New plates, more restriction....

-

Vic Storm

Reaction score
now they are just going around talledega single file, The "Jimmy Johnson"association of car racing is getting more boring every week.

NASCAR's hypocritical when it comes to restrictor plate racing. The claim is that fan's want to see tight racing. If that's really the case then why is the venue so full of 1.5 mile tracks where the cars get so far apart? The claim of listening to the fans is horses***. It's about the money the owners of the tracks bring to them and we all know it.

How about Ryan Newman flipping. Did the wing have something to do with that. He was going backwards, did it have a reverse effect?

Watch a replay closely and you'll see the roof flaps come up but they had minimal effect with the lift that was being created by the angle of the trunk wing with the car in reverse at that high speed.
Listen to Ryan's comments after he came out of the care center. Pointed remarks about how NASCAR must not have any trust in the current drivers because they've passed so many rules and regulations regarding contact and speed.
Here's my easy fix for NASCAR: set the clock back and race factory sheet metal, stock profiles, set basic engine specs (cubic inches, single 4 barrel carb, etc.), minimum weight, safety equipment specs (roll cage, fuel cell, etc.). Then turn 'em loose and let 'em race!
If the factory wants to win, they'll come up with a body with minimal drag. The same body shape will benefit mileage-wise for our street-driven cars. Win-Win for everybody.
Win on Sunday, sell on Monday. Seems I heard that somewhere a loooong time ago.

I agree %100 ocdart, let it be manufactures competing and let the drivers race. There are the best drivers in any racing and I say let them RACE! When nascar decided it was going to be all made the same, they made it something else than racing, they have to line up so you can read all the sponsers easier.

-
Back