NEW PST pivot shaft bolt sheared off. Can't get LCA out.

-
Word of caution on a click wrench. My Craftsman , years ago, broke a couple of 440 head bolts when it was new. I took it to work, we had a Cal Lab, it was 23 lbs high at the setting of 70. They took the lead out of the end, adjusted the mechanism and resealed it. Now I check it every time I use it with my old Beam Wrench. Not that I think you over torqued it, but you need to check your wrench just for piece of mind. IMO.

I will. I had it set on 100 and was pulling up with one arm. It felt about like about 80 ft-lb, but thanks for telling me. It does look like I ran out of thread when I look back at the shaft.

Just an update on this post as I had been out the office all last week. So apologize that I had not chimed in earlier. I have checked with our customer service and a replacement set of pivot shaft, bushings and sleeves have been shipped out. If you have ever have an issue with our product or question please feel free to pm or email me.

We have checked our stock and pulled samples for testing and have found none at this time.

Thanks
James From

Just an update on this post as I had been out the office all last week. So apologize that I had not chimed in earlier. I have checked with our customer service and a replacement set of pivot shaft, bushings and sleeves have been shipped out. If you have ever have an issue with our product or question please feel free to pm or email me.

We have checked our stock and pulled samples for testing and have found none at this time.

Thanks
James From
As always great customer service. :thumbsup:

Thanks
James From

Thanks, I’m hoping that the diameter of the new pivot shafts will fit correctly. I had to use a pipe wrench a torch and big hammer to get yours out. I was informed they were old stock that you had problems with.

-
Back