New Ride (maybe)

-

Kegan B

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals the car in question is a 73 Dart Swinger 318 auto. My question is should I get this or move onto a better car ? The front floors have been patched, bondo in the quarters, needs starter relay and a carb. If I got it what do you think it would be worth ? Pics included.

What are u giving for it is one of the things we would need to know kiddo .. If the floors was fixed right ? how much bondo is in the car better pics of them spots would help .. remember paint can hide ALOT !

i think three is too much if it is full of bondo and patch panels. the 318 is a bonus. is it disc or drum?

"Bad starter or relay" is a common throw-away line I interpret as "known bad engine". Agree on a price (probably <$3K), with the condition the engine checks out.

Before paying anything and with them there, run the engine. If truly a bad relay, just jumper across it (make sure it is in Park). Use jumper cables from your battery if needed. If you can't measure compression on the spot, pull the breather and the PCV and look for noticeable blow-by like regular puffing (bad rings). Look for oil in the coolant (bad head gasket). If the engine won't start or is bad, knock the price down another $800. Be prepared to walk away.

Buy it and flip it. Theres one on my local Craigslist just like it for 10k

Ok guys and gals the car in question is a 73 Dart Swinger 318 auto. My question is should I get this or move onto a better car ? The front floors have been patched, bondo in the quarters, needs starter relay and a carb. If I got it what do you think it would be worth ? Pics included.

3K for that? run don't walk away from that thing.

Looking at a 74 Dart Sport just in case this one is junk.

Don't rush in to buy a car. If it has problems then keep looking. There will be others that show up for sale. It is early spring and if someone wants to sell now is when they will list them knowing that people will want to drive through the summer. Just watch out for cheap winter paint jobs.

$3000 would be top dollar if it was running right. Better pass on this one.

-
Back