New Sm Block Milodon stock height, hi capacity, street, pro touring, road race pan!!!

-
$700 headers aren't even a mosquito bite to road race Mopar guys. Probably can't run low hanging junk like (my) Hookers on one of those cars anyway.

Very nice looking pan. Considering what it is, the price is pretty good. You can easily have more than that stuck in a Stefs (or other) drag race oil pan.

So you have to commit to $700+ headers or stock manifolds to run this pan, right?

as in no headman/hooker/flowtech yadda yadda.. are gonna fit this pan?

Show some pics of the milodon facility, that'd be nice.

Those headers won't fit a car that's lowered enough to NEED a low profile pan like this. Sort of a moot point if the headers stick way below this pan.

Plant tour of Milodon's facility: http://www.milodon.com/photopages/shop-images/machineshop.asp

Tech on Milodon pans: http://www.milodon.com/oil-pans/oil-pan-questions.asp

This is the only general type picture I have. They have rows of motors lined up for testing pans. He had bought a Aussie only chevy block for some project even. I just brought over some extra suspension parts, a K-member, and my car to mock and measure things up.

Attachments

• Copy of XSBRoadRace8_28_10Milodon6.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 612
Keep this up pal and I'm gonna have to hang your picture next to the one of John Wayne in my garage.

Thanks goes to Steve Morrison, owner of Milodon. He personally made that prototype pan and did the development.

Bring you car to Fall Fling to show and thank Steve himself. He helps at the car show field registration booth. Totally humble down to earth guy. Owns a project/driver/beater 69 RR and show type 69 Charger. Goes to all the local Cruise-Ins and such.

will this work with Hughes Stud Girdle? I swapped out my Milodon windage tray for the girdle. Hughes says that their girdles work just like a windage tray heres a link to the one I got in my motor.
http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...girdle&searchmode=keyword&page=5&partid=23334

That's way up and away from the pan. Only thing I could see would be IF the oil pickup tube routing hit those longitudinal girdle connectors. Don't have picture of pickup tube routing.

Those headers won't fit a car that's lowered enough to NEED a low profile pan like this. Sort of a moot point if the headers stick way below this pan.

Plant tour of Milodon's facility: http://www.milodon.com/photopages/shop-images/machineshop.asp

Tech on Milodon pans: http://www.milodon.com/oil-pans/oil-pan-questions.asp

This is the only general type picture I have. They have rows of motors lined up for testing pans. He had bought a Aussie only chevy block for some project even. I just brought over some extra suspension parts, a K-member, and my car to mock and measure things up.

I don't know about anyone else...but my milodon 8 quart hangs way low and in the past I have hit a unexpected dip & caved one in before....before hitting the low hung headers, so actually it's not moot at all in that aspect.. since one is just a flat spotted header ....meanwhile the other has just a lil more importance.. say like losing all your oil on the street.

Thats why I asked.

Nice work! That pan is awesome. No doubt above and beyond what I need, but I still want one...:-D

I don't know about anyone else...but my milodon 8 quart hangs way low and in the past I have hit a unexpected dip & caved one in before....before hitting the low hung headers, so actually it's not moot at all in that aspect.. since one is just a flat spotted header ....meanwhile the other has just a lil more importance.. say like losing all your oil on the street.

Thats why I asked.

Good point.

A lot of people have used the Big Block Milodon road race pan to get ultimate ground clearance with a extra capacity pan. The problem is the capacity has to go somewhere other than down when you run a stock depth pan. So it has to go outward. If you look at the mockup picture I posted, this road race pan uses about all the availible room inside the K-member. I mean it could double for a bellypan like Smoky Yunick did!!

If you took the side pods off the pan for underchassis headers, you'd basically have a stock pan again. I mean, I think we covered a lot of bases with this pan. Can't get them all in one stroke. This pan does not cure cancer. ;) j/k

Is the pan you are talking about the #30935 with 8 3/4" sump depth?

Have you seen/considered this 7 quart pan: #30936 LO PRO DESIGN for 340 & 360 ??

It's only 1/2" lower than stock (7 3/4 vs 7 1/4") And the stock pan has a dimple for the drain plug makes it 7 1/2 at that point. And that usually is were I see scrapes on a stock pan.

Looks like this

30936.GIF

That's got one more quart than the road race pan

Thats a nice pan, I didn't see that one when I bought the 2 for my 340-360/410

Thats when the manufacture catalog comes in handy over the typical jegs/summit monthly.lol
I'll add I also cut off the front pass side corner and a blade worth out of the driver side of the sump, then tap'd it inward so it clears my cheapy headers, I learned to do this from my 1st experience with that 8 qt and my 340.fwiw

So let me get this straight, This new road race pan will not work with my full TTi exhaust? (I already have the 7qt Milodon pan and extended pickup, if I'm changing pans and pickup need to know it this road race pan will fit)

So let me get this straight, This new road race pan will not work with my full TTi exhaust? (I already have the 7qt Milodon pan and extended pickup, if I'm changing pans and pickup need to know it this road race pan will fit)

1wild&crazyguy was talking about headers that have tubes that go in front and under the centerlink/suspension. TTI's do not do that. BTW, you might consider selling that 7qt low profile pan to 1wild&crazyguy

For instance I'm pretty sure these Hooker Competition headers pictured below have two tubes that go in front of the steering linkage on the driver side. That will not work with the road race pan.

Attachments

• Copy of 70Duster001Md024.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 620
Nice if thats the case I'm ordering one in the morning

well this is definitely a cool oil pan...thanks for all the info steve....I just might have to get one for my 408 stroker thats going in the 70 dart with Alterkation...

Looks very similar to Kevkos Sportsman oil pan, I bought one and the quality is amazing

http://www.kevkoracing.com/mopar.htm

$235 bucks and worth every penny-if you order from KMJ I think it is on ebay they throw in free shipping for the pick-up

Great deal

That pan will not fit a stock K-member.

Have you installed it with you headers in you alterkion front end? Is there anyone else that has used that pan with an alterkion allready? Being rear sump I'd be worried about a traditional TTI or Dougs header hitting it.

Any pictures of the inside of it showing the baffling, gates, shelves, etc.

That pan will not fit a stock K-member.

Have you installed it with you headers in you alterkion front end? Is there anyone else that has used that pan with an alterkion allready? Being rear sump I'd be worried about a traditional TTI or Dougs header hitting it.

Any pictures of the inside of it showing the baffling, gates, shelves, etc.

Hey Steve, these pictures I took are just for you! This is with the Moroso 7qt drag race rear sump oil pan that WILL NOT fit a factory style K-member, and the headers are your typical TTI smallblock A-body headers. There are NO clearance issues what so ever with this pan and TTI headers. I have about a 1/2" gap on the passenger side, and about a 3/8" gap on the drivers side...

Passenger side:

2rwah7a.jpg

ehdoup.jpg

11bnqy9.jpg

Driver side:

2hcj29x.jpg

2q027a1.jpg

2r5gunt.jpg

swg110.jpg

When I get my Alterkation front end out of the dart, I will also bolt it to the engine and post pics of this as well...

God those TTis look sexy, but the pinch right at the head flange is horrible.

I've got a Kevko oil pan and like it a lot, but "fit and finish"-wise there's no comparison to a Milodon.

I just order this new Road Race Pan and Pickup (and pan gasket for 340). Totaled out (with shipping) to $550.00, it will be two weeks before the pan is made and shipped so I guess these pans are already on back order.

I just order this new Road Race Pan and Pickup (and pan gasket for 340). Totaled out (with shipping) to $550.00, it will be two weeks before the pan is made and shipped so I guess these pans are already on back order.

Wow, they most have sold out the first run a 10 of them since last Friday.

He told me someone from Washington ordered one today. He is helping redo the www.cpwclub.com website.

already sold out...jeez...lol. I really want one, but dont need one..lol 550 is alota dough. ill save little by little, and get one when the time is right.

I would be the one in Washington that order the pan. 550 included shipping, pan, pickup, and oil pan gasket

this is good news, i just started doing some research on oilpans and want something that is stock depth but 7-8quarts and i have read some about the two other big milodon pans that where already out there had a litle problem hitting a lip on the k frame and im just to a point where i have started to realy apreciate being able to buy a quality product that fits the first time.
my old pan is an old moroso i think about 10" deep and it even hits sodacans lying on the road:( makes me very very nervous on bad roads

AutoX as far as I know it's not a rear sump pan, that's the truck pan that's rear sump but it won't fit a stock K member-you're definitely on the money there. I'm hoping it'll fit the AlterK as the sump sits quite far forward. If it was rear sump and they don't advertise it as such, how would I tell as my block is not here????

Here are a few pics:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=102796&highlight=kevko

AutoX as far as I know it's not a rear sump pan, that's the truck pan that's rear sump but it won't fit a stock K member-you're definitely on the money there. I'm hoping it'll fit the AlterK as the sump sits quite far forward. If it was rear sump and they don't advertise it as such, how would I tell as my block is not here????

Here are a few pics:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=102796&highlight=kevko

The 101/102 pan is a rear sump.

Sounds like you have a 201/202 pan. wonder how that works with TTI and alterkion? You said you are running custom $$$ headers. And have you or someone else physically fit that to an alterkion front end setup.

And like you said before, that will not with with a factory K-member.

-
Back