New SoCal Dragstrip - Only for Street Legal Vehicles

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Home | Street Legal Dragway

Street Legal Dragway is scheduled to open September 22 and will only let street legal vehicles race. Oh yeah, the track is only 330-feet long (1/16 mile) and has a 670-foot long shutdown area.
The aim of the new track is to help curtail illegal street racing.

Rules:
  • Cars/Motorcycles must be Registered & Insured
  • Cars/Motorcycles must have working muffler(s)
  • Cars/Motorcycles must use DOT radial tires
  • Cars/Motorcycles must be in safe working order
  • Cars/Motorcycles must be driven in (no trailers allowed in the pits)
  • Drivers must have a valid Drivers License
Street Legal Dragway is located in Perris, CA. Close to existing Perris Auto Speedway, a 1/2-mile clay oval track located on the Lake Perris Fairgrounds.
Let's hope it's successful.

Fontana had a similar rules structure when they first started racing in the edge of the roundy-round parking lot.
The area surrounding the track was littered with trucks and trailers.

330 wouldn't bother me a bit! But with those restrictions, and Irwindale, with no silly rules and 50 miles closer to L.A., i dont think it will last long, sorry to say.
I'm in favor of every track, everywhere!

I was reading not long ago that some public water entity wanted to put a stop to the fairgrounds there with some sort of flood control channel. I hope that don't happen. Been meaning to get to the speedway there, but things just haven't been right to happen. 330' and street tires? I can hear the "fart cans" from here :lol:

That might actually work. As long as you can run down the track three or four times a night at least.

-
Back