New Summer Promotion Starts NOW -- reserve your spot

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
As I'm sure you can understand, the "slow" time around here is during the summer when most everybody is out enjoying their rides rather than working on them. I've got an idea to run by you that should equalize my summertime slow-down with an attractive offer.

Now this new experimental promotion is tailored to those who know in their hearts that there's no wayyyyy their car is going to be ready to enjoy over the summer. What I have in mind is a reservation program of sorts ... and if you make a reservation you'll be entitled to a terrific discount above and beyond the normal FABO benefits. Let me explain a little better.

I'm willing to offer ya'll a bigger discount just for the peace of mind I'll have in knowing there's some guaranteed work coming in over the summer.

Say John has been working on his Dart for 6 years and he knows it'll be another couple of years before it sees the pavement. John has a pair of Mopar Performance valve covers slated for the Dart but they need some work. Under this new promotion idea, John will make a reservation to send in those valve covers on a certain date -- let's say the first week of June. In exchange for John's promise to send in the parts during the first week of June, I will provide a 20% labor discount rather than the usual 10% FABO discount. The reservation allows me to prepare and count on the incoming work, and allows John time to save the money, get the parts ready to ship, do some prep work to save a few bucks ..... you get the idea.

Mark's rear end housing for his road course Demon is scheduled to arrive the second week of June. Rob's Valiant bumpers will be here the third week of August. Max's dash will be here July 18. Etc., etc., etc.

I'm open to suggestions to make this attractive for everyone! Feel free to give me a call to discuss details, or just add yourself to this thread and start filling up my summertime dance card. :-D Oh, one more thing: If you make a reservation and DON'T send your parts in as scheduled, I won't send the PSC Enforcer out to get you or anything ... but you'll lose your 20% discount on your reservation.

That's a GREAT idea!!! Let me see what I can round up for you.

Already fading into the background ... must be all those dayum guitar, bass, harmonica, tambourine and xylophone players standing the way. :-D

Thanks for the interest guys! The sooner those reservations are made, the more likely you can secure your chosen spot to best fit your resto schedule. (Turn around time always depends on my current workload when your parts arrive.)

PM received superdart340. I'll get back to you.

I may have to put on some stock valve covers for the summer and have you do my M/T's. I was going to take them off to make some baffles anyway.

Thats a great idea to drum up business. A Win Win for all! Thanks, Leanna. :thumbrig:

I appreciate all the PMs and calls! (Thanks for your patience all -- I'm working through them.) Although no formal reservations have been made yet, it looks like this might work out great for everybody.

Wow, I just saw this for the first time! It sure is easy to miss stuff nowdays with the increased traffic on the board.

Great deal Leanna! :cheers:

I am going to start looking around the shop! I gotta have something around here worth powder coating! 8)

Like we talked before....when I can see them valve covers I am getting and get a solid idea of how I want them done I may send them your way!.

I will also see if there is anything else I may need done up (might aswell send a multiple parts if I am going to send parts anyhow right?) lol.

anyhow....not a for sure reservation but its atleast worth a bump to ya to get a few more onlookers .

Thanks Leanna

Thanks DD72! I'll look forward to working with you whenever you're ready. Did you happen to see those Mopar Performance valve covers listed here today for $60 shipped? They look to be in really great shape.

There seems to be some interest in this thread but so far no one has committed to sending a certain part at a certain time over the summer. The slow-down has started in prior years around May and picks up again usually in October/November, so anything booked to be shipped here between May and September 2010 will qualify for this special promotion. I'd just like to get as many reservations now as possible.

Thanks DD72! I'll look forward to working with you whenever you're ready. Did you happen to see those Mopar Performance valve covers listed here today for $60 shipped? They look to be in really great shape.

There seems to be some interest in this thread but so far no one has committed to sending a certain part at a certain time over the summer. The slow-down has started in prior years around May and picks up again usually in October/November, so anything booked to be shipped here between May and September 2010 will qualify for this special promotion. I'd just like to get as many reservations now as possible.

I think i seen them? if they are the ones I seen for $60.00 they are for a big block?.....I seen them and got all excited and then AWWWWWW MAN LOL....thanks for looking out though

I'd like to thank 65BCODA for being the first to formally make a reservation for the summer promotion! Quite a few have expressed interest in this, so take a look at your parts pile and calendar and then give me a call so you can secure your preferred time.

The calls and PMs are rolling in so it's time to get this a little more organized. Most are asking me to tell them what date to send parts ... but I'm not the pushy sort nor that much of a salesperson. I'll let you all schedule yourselves as you see fit.

Please feel free to quote this post and add yourself to the week(s) that best fits your schedule. I'll try to keep it updated regularly as new additions get on board so the most recent info will be near the end of this thread at any given time.

Any date without a user name behind it is presently available and will qualify for the 20% labor discount across the board regardless of what part(s) you ship.

May 2 - 65BCODA
May 9 - 65Dartman
May 16 -
May 23 -
May 30 -

June 6 -
June 13 -
June 20 -
June 27 -

July 4 -
July 11 -
July 18 -
July 25 -

August 1 -
August 8 -
August 13 -
August 22 -
August 29 -

September 5 -
September 12 (my bday :-D) -
September 19 -
September 26 -

Thanks guys and gals!

A couple more reservations were made this morning. Thanks guys!!!

May 2 - 65BCODA
May 9 - 65Dartman
May 16 -
May 23 - SuperDart340
May 30 -

June 6 -
June 13 -
June 20 - SuperDart340
June 27 -

July 4 -
July 11 -
July 18 -
July 25 -

August 1 -
August 8 -
August 13 -
August 22 -
August 29 -

September 5 -
September 12 (my bday ) -
September 19 -
September 26 -

Sounds like a great deal!

For the newbie: are any of the original finishes for the a-bodies powder coated or is this for non-stock restorations only? It would be cool to know which parts came from the factory with which finish.

I am doing a mostly stock resto (for now) and not sure if any of the parts should be powder coated.

Thanks!

-
Back