new superbird!

-

69conv

error 401
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Found a company in the Detriot area making these, don't have much more info yet. Whatcha think?

Attachments

• Superbird.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 339
Old news. Been around just as long as the new Challenger.

02-hpp-richard-petty-superbird.jpg

They look pretty weird. A Dodge that is a Plymouth thing. :???:

View attachment image.jpg

Texas is a big state and you never know when you need to stop and take a nap

I've seen some of the challengers converted into super birds. They don't look that bad, no I wouldn't want one, but looks better than this real Superbird........... LOL

So you like the orders better?

View attachment 1714769482

you know the story on that car??

doubt it.. if ya did you probably wouldn't be making fun of it.. just saying..

The car was owned by Rich M. from Houston who had it modified so he could ride in his favorite car of all... a Superbird! At the time that he had the car modified in the 1970s, there were few if any clone wing cars... and the real ones were pretty cheap. The car was highly modified, but I have heard rumors the current owner is restoring it back to original... not sure if true or not.

The owner was confined to a wheel chair, and would be rolled into the added structure when the roll-up door was raised and the split bumper allowed a ramp to be pulled out... I never saw it work though. Also notice the viewing window at the front of the structure.

Allen

you know the story on that car??

doubt it.. if ya did you probably wouldn't be making fun of it.. just saying..

No didn't know the story, but figured there was a good reason for someone to do it.

But even though it was done for that reason it is still ugly, no matter what the reason.

Thanks for explaining

View attachment 1714769485

Texas is a big state and you never know when you need to stop and take a nap

I've seen some of the challengers converted into super birds. They don't look that bad, no I wouldn't want one, but looks better than this real Superbird........... LOL

WELL if thats the case, the front seat isn't big enough SLEEP IN THE BACK ONE!

Sadly, if they were to do it, for Christ's sake, do it right the first time, MAKE the "Charger" LOOK like one, make the "Dart" look like "ONE" LEAVE the "Challenger out of it, NEVER had a winged "Challenger" one ANYWAY, and get on with the "Retro 1970" look and sales might go somewhere!

THEN you could get a 2015 RETRO Charger, '15 RETRO Charger DAYTONA, and a RETRO '15 Charger Super Bee. with THAT ONE car!

THEN the dart look like itself in 1970. that'd be GREAT. and as a buncha Plymouth guys will add, BRING THEM back. Make a 'Cuda, MAKE a Roadrunner, and then you got a "MOPAR TEAM"................ALL retro to "1970"

-
Back