New To A bodies

-

Tig

Reaction score
Hi Guy's and Gals.
I'm from England and we're looking at buying an A body for my wife (Cath) to race at the local track.
Ideally she would like a Barracuda then a Dart, Duster or Demon. We have our eye's on a '72 360 duster and I'm just saying hello 'cause I may be spending some time here if we get it. Once Cath gets used to it I'll stick my old 528 motor out of our Challenger that went 10.0's @ 3900lb.8)
Thanks.
Tig :thumbup:

Hi and welcome to the site. My boyfriend sells cars and parts for a living so if you need anything let me know. Once again welcome to the site and hopefully you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Welcome Tig, We have some of the best of the best tec's here
and some of the greatest folks around.
Glad you jumped in and sounds like you you have
a great plan. Enjoy.

well hey there man, if you want to send me that 528 till you find you A-body you can, I'll put her right to work for ya!!

Welcome! Enjoy the site and keep us posted on what you end up buying.

Thanks for the warm welcome guy's and gals, there is also a '70 Dart that has very recently come up for sale that is in our price range. It's a real clean stocker with a 318. The Duster has a warmed over 360 in it thats ran a best of 13.2 but we will wait until the new year to decide. Something else might turn up in the meantime anyway, seems to be a buyers market at the moment.

Good luck! get an A Body becuase then you can deal with great guys and gals here on this site! One of the best car sites ive EVER seen!!

Welcome to FABO Tig & Cath. :wave: Great site, you'll like it here!
The club I belong to is building a Paxton-supercharged 360 powered '70 Dart Swinger as a charity-benefit car for the California School For The Deaf in Riverside, California. Check out all the in-progress photos at our club website www.inlandmoparscarclub.com. All proceeds go directly to the school for the benefit of the students.

Ken (ocdart)
VP, Inland Mopars Car Club

Welcome to FABO Tig & Cath. :wave: Great site, you'll like it here!
The club I belong to is building a Paxton-supercharged 360 powered '70 Dart Swinger as a charity-benefit car for the California School For The Deaf in Riverside, California. Check out all the in-progress photos at our club website www.inlandmoparscarclub.com. All proceeds go directly to the school for the benefit of the students.

Ken (ocdart)
VP, Inland Mopars Car Club

(..speaking of good guy!)

Welcome to FABO! A guy I know has a 70 Duster with a 528, he drives around town without a hood. I'll see if I can find a pic for you..

1970PlymouthDuster550HEMISergio.jpg

Well thats a real nice Duster, Maybe one day :-D

Hey Tig,

You guys across the pond sure are finding some good Mopars.

I've seen an explosion of Mopars from you guys lately and most have been built really well.

Is there a big interest lately for American muscle cars over there or just "real" American muscle cars?

Fill us in.

Hey Tig,

You guys across the pond sure are finding some good Mopars.

I've seen an explosion of Mopars from you guys lately and most have been built really well.

Is there a big interest lately for American muscle cars over there or just "real" American muscle cars?

Fill us in

No problem .Well we've had our street legal Challenger for 19 years, it's had loads of engine combo's in that time and is currently running a 800 hp N/A 572 wedge. There's a big following of Mopars they mainly tend to be in the North of the country but there are still plenty in the south too. The mopar nats are held every july at Santa pod (one of the UK's tracks) and I'm sure they had a record turnout this year, despite fuel prices. There aren't too many guys running Mopes in the class we race (pro et 9.00 to 11.99) though the numbers are increasing. The main contingent is made up from old english cars with tube frames and US v8's, modified muscle (some street legal, some pure race), altereds and the odd pipe rack.
Muscle cars are coming into the country when the exchange rate is good and we do get to see some nice examples at RWYB "lifestyle" events. There's a nice balance of restored muscle with modified stuff and we all tend to get along together without too much trouble. :-D
Here's a couple of pics of our Ebody, one with Cath driving
BadHabitCath.jpg

And one doing whats it's gaining a reputation for
Edswheeliepic.jpg

Hope I haven't transgressed any forum rules by posting pics of an Ebody :read2:

Well we finally got one!
Cuda03_zps9624c62b.jpg

Made For UK RHD one of 650ish cars.

Wow it took you a long time to get it but it looks like it was worth the wait. Sweet ride, hope you post more pics

Thanks.
Interior.
Cuda02_zps13b63783.jpg

Mileage (can't verify if genuine though)
Cuda5_zps38d47c7d.jpg

Engine Bay - motor (obviously)
Cuda6_zps82f07c95.jpg

Man somebody screwed up the steerwheel is on the wrong side of the car. LOL

-
Back