New to Mopar

-

NewbieJay

Reaction score
Hey all, My name is Jason and I'm new to the world of mopar. I've always loved the classic Mopar look and power but I've grown up around Chevies. So I'm fairly ignorant on Mopar specs. I just rolled my 63 Chevy C10 two days ago so I'm off to pick up a 74 or 72 Dart Sport tomorrow. My buddy is giving it to me for free and I haven't seen it yet. I guess he feels bad for my loss. I'm interested to check it out. I'll let you all know what I find out. I'll probably be using the search button for a while so I don't ask a bunch of questions that have already been asked. Well I'm looking forward to talking with you all.

Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!

Welcome to FABO, sorry to hear about your truck. The Dart Sport would probably be a 74, as they didn't make them in 72. 72 was the Dodge Demon, but the name of the car offended certain groups, so they changed the name to Dodge Dart Sport, and added the pointy front end. They were made from 73 - 76.
Post some pictures if you have any!

Thank you everyone for the welcome. I just picked up the dart tonight. It's a 76 and she or he's home now. I'm about to use the vin decoder to figure out more about the car. The body's in pretty good shape. It has a new rear bumper and my buddy has two front bumpers at his house. I have a ton of extra parts for it. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow cause it's too dark out right now. I'm sure I'll be seeing alot of you guys because it's definately a project. Thanks again for the welcome.

welcome to FABO... you can also have someone run the fender tag as it will tell you more about the car.

Okay I've read so much today that my head hurts. I'm still looking for what engines will fit in my car. It looks like the oil sump has to be in the middle. It's hard relearning everything. Well I have some pics if my car. Let's see if I remember how to do this.

hmm let's try again.
dart004.jpg

dart003.jpg

dart002.jpg

Hey Gnome thank you very much for the fender tag info. I found a decoder and learned more about my new baby. Thanks again, I need all of the help that I can get.

oh anything can fit if you make it :)
I like the sports my self can't wait to start my 73
oh and welcome

that is a 1973-1976 dodge dart sport BUT the grille is a 1973-1974 grille only

Really?? Hmm I have two identical grilles and one for a swinger. I guess I'm off to look for the correct grille. I'm sure I can find one on here.

dart006.jpg

grille with orange markers is the correct grille for the 75-76 the second grille is for the 73-74

Really?? Hmm I have two identical grilles and one for a swinger. I guess I'm off to look for the correct grille. I'm sure I can find one on here.

dart006.jpg

Well I just did some more research and you are correct mopardrt. Thank you very much. I also learned how to post links. Now I just have to decide which one I think looks better.

-
Back