New to Mopar

-

Cuda1965

Reaction score
This is my first post, new member. I purchased my first Mopar in April of this year; A 1965 Barracuda. In 33 years of working on cars i have never owned a Mopar. Built and drove a T-bucket for 14 years, it was fun but decided to move to something more practical. I then purchased a 66 chevy Caprice with 26K original miles, 327-powerglide, (my first car I ever owned back when I was 17 was a beat up 66 impala) the Caprice was nice but I wanted more muscle, so I sold that and started looking for something else, thats when I found my 65 Barracuda. An older guy in Rhode Island had it for sale on Ebay. This guy had spent 8 years restoring the car in his garage, it was 90% complete but not on the road yet, It needed finishing details and I guess that scared alot of people becuese the car never got up to his reserve. I called this guy and he told me how he spent all this time and $$ on restoring this car but now was going to retire, selling his home and moving to Florida, he needed to sell the car. He told me his bottom line price, I drove up to see it and bought it immediatly. After looking at dozens of crappy worn out over priced 60's muscle cars, this was a deal! The guy had originally planned to keep this car so he did a nice job on the car, just numerous finishing touches were not complete, along with some driveline bugs.
The 65 Barracuda is red with a white "S" stripe along the top of the car, red interior. The car has a 360 Magnum crate motor installed in front of the original 904 torqflite trans, and a 3.22 posi rear. I spent 2 months working on a bunch of finishing detials and got the cuda on the road. It still has numerous bugs to work out but I love the car, and it gets attention when ever I drive it. Looking forward to communicating with everyone on FABO.
Jim.

Welcome lots of Early A bodies and great members and info here.

1) Welcome to the site - sounds like you are enjoying the car

2) You have to share pictures

Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here, but you gotta show us pics of your new ride!

Nice car! I had a 66 Dart same set up 273 235 hp four speed. I put Mopar heavy duty valve springs and moved it up from 5200 rpms to 6000. I ran Cyclone fender exit headers, and I then put in a 4:89 gear and ran M&H ripple wall slicks on the street. Left the light at 6000 rpms and I was gone. Had to sell it to finish school in 1972
Just bought another 66 Dart with a 273, 727 auto tranny 8 3/4 posi rear end. I was wondering where you are finding parts. With the change in intake bolt patterns in 1967 I am having trouble with parts. Where are you finding parts?
Thanks!
Art Clark III

Welcome to the FABO family!
Holly COW! You are pulling the wheels off the ground with a 360 small block?

Perhaps you can assist me? When I was a kid I had a 1966 Dodge Dart 273 four speed with the posi 8 3/4 rear end. It was hot, for the day. I put a 4:89 gear and ran M&H ripple wall slicks n the street. Could get away with that stuff then.

Can you direct me to a supplier for A body parts? I am not sure about headers I think Hooker #5208 will work? They are fender exit, fine with me. I ran Cyclone headers on my last Dart.

OR is it more cost effective to go with a 360 Magnum motor? Do you have to put in a roll cage if you run a 360 cu in in a 66 Dart?

Now this is amazing that you got your Cuda with a small block to pull the front wheels off the ground.

I am 60 now and I have time and the resources to build a good "OLD" car.

Thanks,
Art Clark III

Welcome to FABO Jim!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Looking forward to seeing more pictures - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC06598.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 101
welcome to FABO cuda1965. i agree we need to see some pix for those who are having pix withdrawals

-
Back