New to Mopars

-
It depends on what you want.

Ask specifics & web links can be provided.

Any older direct connection catalogs you can find, and the newer MoPar performance catalogs.

Get a copy of the MoPar performance small block engine catalog. I can get you a number for that book when I find mine.

CLassic Industries has a catalog, as does Year One. I hate online stuff so I prefer good old paper stuff.

I snag almost any manufacturer catalogs I can find. There is always information in them. That includes all the aftermarket stuff.

Looking for a good all around catalog. Is Classic Industries a good one? Are there any other worth getting?

Definitely get the engine manual. I think you can get it from Mancini racing and it's part number P4876826.

A Motors Manual for your year is also a good idea. I'm not a fan of Chiltons so I use Motors. You can find them used online for a decent price.

What parts are you looking for?

No catalog has it all & some vendors are to be avoided.

Welcome to MOpar Land,we usually need to source stuff from different places depending on what you are looking for and if all else fail have to make something work.Most of all have fun with it and welcome:thumbsup:

Classic is expensive. It is OK for certain hard to find body parts, but would not source engine parts from there.

IMHO, there is not one single good all around catalog. For example, for transmission stuff, go to a specialty place like Brewer's. For clutches, it would be Brewer's or a manufacturer like McLeod. For torque converters, there are a number of known good suppliers at different levels.

Are you doing body upgrades and repairs, or is this engine specific, or what? As said before, being more specific will get you directed to the best suppliers for that particular area of the car.

Go to Chrysler at Carlisle event July 13-15, huge swap meet, vendors , car show and sales. Find anything and meet alot of good people, happy hunting. I also buy a ton off e bay

Another must have is a factory service manual and parts manual. Go to mymopar.com and download one for free. Invaluable.
Welcome aboard.

Just picked up a 73 340 Duster 4 speed.I'm new to these cars and will need a lot of help. LOL
What's the best parts catalogs to use to buy parts for this year car?
Thanks,
Fred
Welcome Fred!
I'm a bit of a newbie to Mopars as well but this site has been an incredible help. Very generous people that are willing to share their advice!
I know your looking for a parts source catalog but I would recommend perusing this site and really think about what your ultimate goal is before buying ANY parts. You may be experienced in autos, just not Mopars but if your a newbie it's a slippery slope and one can waste a lot of money (ie myself put all new drum brakes on before realizing it's a waste of money and I needed to go disc) etc etc.
Regardless of your experience, welcome!!!!

Any older direct connection catalogs you can find, and the newer MoPar performance catalogs.

Get a copy of the MoPar performance small block engine catalog. I can get you a number for that book when I find mine.

CLassic Industries has a catalog, as does Year One. I hate online stuff so I prefer good old paper stuff.

I snag almost any manufacturer catalogs I can find. There is always information in them. That includes all the aftermarket stuff.

I’ve had two bad experiences with year one and I avoid them like the plague.

Just picked up a 73 340 Duster 4 speed.I'm new to these cars and will need a lot of help. LOL
Thanks,
Fred

If you are looking for small block parts or any mechanical part then Mancini should be at the top of your list.

As stated above, find the 1973 Service Manual and Body Manual, that way you have reference how it all fits together. Also, as stated above, need to shop all sources for prices and availability. Don't trust that just because a part is listed on a webpage means that it is in stock. Call and verify to avoid the dreaded "backordered".

I have used Classic Industries and have not had any issues. They may be higher on some things, but then they may be the only one that has a particular part, too, so if you want it... Same with Year One. Haven't had any issues, prices can be high.

There are many Mopar specific vendors, like Mancini, Tony's Parts, Monicatti, and more in addition to Year One and Classic. Check eBay and Craigslist for parts, too.

Check Rock Auto, Summit, local parts stores for speedo cable and fuel sender. May be able to get new switches locally, or check eBay for rebuilt ones.

Good luck, have fun.

Buy good used whenever you can. Stuff fits better than the Chinese junk you find in the catalogs. IMHO.

year one doesn't tell you who the part manufacturer is a lot of the time.

classic industries is MUCH better about this.

...but definitely do your homework as a lot of times parts that can be had elsewhere are cheaper elsewhere.

...and classic usually has several 20-30% off sales per year.

Thanks,
Fred

Welcome Fred - we're "RT 6 neighbors". You're about 25 minutes from me. Year One is big, but pricey and they only buy and mark up, so you can find stuff cheaper by looking around. One of my go-tos is Dantes Mopar Parts. He's in NJ so shipping is cheaper, and he's bent over backwards for me in the past. Classic's good. For some things Tony's Parts...

Thanks for the reply, neighbor. Hope we can hook up , I need help. Send me your phone number.
Welcome Fred - we're "RT 6 neighbors". You're about 25 minutes from me. Year One is big, but pricey and they only buy and mark up, so you can find stuff cheaper by looking around. One of my go-tos is Dantes Mopar Parts. He's in NJ so shipping is cheaper, and he's bent over backwards for me in the past. Classic's good. For some things Tony's Parts...

Speedometer cable

Only one game in town for one the right length that fits, you can get it from your local Dodge dealer or online with the part number.

A-body speedo cable.JPG

-
Back