New to site but not to Mopars

-

TheMoparMan

Modifies everything
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Glad to be here. I've been looking, finding, building, restoring, and selling reluctantly to fund the next project over and over since about 1996.
I have had my hands in building everything from air-cooled bugs and Porsches to Chevy bel aires and chevelles, Rustangs and Camero's to modern sports compacts. Basically if there's a way to make it faster I am always willing to do it.
Have worked at several types of custom shops. I also have always worked two jobs. By day I was a Marketing Executive which more than payed the bills. And funded my wife's shopping habits, lol! By late afternoon, evenings and weekends I went to work for my passion and to fund projects. Sadly with the market the way it is I was layed off from my marketing exec. Position...... It in turn has given me more time to finally work on my stuff and decide which direction I want to go as marketing is bad right now and california is number 50 for finding jobs.... Never thought I would see the day when everything you apply for your "Over Qualifed" so that's more than a little about me and where I'm at right now. Anyway just wanted to say hello!

Welcome to the best mopar site on the web. Sorry to hear about your job. So what kind of mopars do you have or are you currently looking for a project?

Currently I have a 1971 Dodge Dart swinger with a 408 stroker motor, a built 727 with deep pan an 8 3/4 rear end discs up front and drums rear. Power brakes, bower steering with a close ratio steering gear.

Had a 2005 SRT-4 with a 50 series S trim turbo setup ported and polished head, 272 duration cam and all new internals. New gaskets by mr gasket to hold the amount of pressure. Greedy intercooler, blow off valve, cat delete, and wide open mufflerless exhaust tubing. Short ram intake,remapped ecu. It was pushing up to 25 psi and made 426 HP but was a death trap waiting to happen as it was hard to keep it on the ground. Oh and cross drilled rotors with brakes by brembo to stop everything. Sold it a while ago.

I also had a 1975 Plymouth duster /6 with 904 and the 8 1/4 rear. Offenhouser intake with 500 cfm edelbrock carb. Dual side pipes. All blue with a white stripe from front to back. Seats were striped down the center too. Sold it to a young gun looking for his first Mopar.
Hard to see it go but he wanted it so badly and sought me out for it.

Welcome,,,,, sorry to here about your job situation, and the wife have to slow down on her shopping habit...lol... you found a great place here at FABO and we like to see pic's !!! ( of the car,,,, there is another thread for wife pic's ...lol )

I will upload pics as soon as I have access to my computer. I have all the picture here on my iPad but the site won't allow me to upload from it. It's too bad as I'm always on this thing as its more convienant for me to use on the go.

Thanks glad to be here. I just last month drove thru Tulsa OK. Beautiful area thru that area from what i saw. Had to drive my sister from so cal all the way to Alexandria Virginia. Made it in three days.

Thanks great to be here.

I am in the process of loading pictures of some of my cars I've had unfortunately I don't seem to have pictures of them all at this point. But im still searching.... I'll load them as I find them

:coffee2:

Welcome to FABO from another SoCal member here in OC. You're going to have fun here!
Sorry to hear about your job situation. Hang in there, something will come up.
Got to see more pics of your Mopars!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I have a few pictures posted of some of my recent rides. Not a whole lot of my older ones as they were old physical pictures my family has lost or thrown away before I went back to retrieve and scan them in. Still have my family keeping an eye open for them.....
My mother never did understand my car addiction and thought the pictures were
Not necessary unfortunately and threw a lot out after I went away to school back then.... Pissed about it but what can you do? At least I had a few here and there:banghead:

-
Back