new to site

-

blue missile

Reaction score
Hey guys,
after a couple of years of reading tech forums I found yours.Great site and seems to be good fellows.
I have a 73 ply duster project car to recreate and go beyond my first car a 73 340 duster off the showroom floor. I still have the engine and some assorted parts for the project. I hope to get some help and give some help at your site. I think I have included a picture of the original car.
Andrew

cohenduster2.jpg

Hey Andrew, Welcome!!! Nice story about building a 73 because you had bought one new. And I love the pic, thats pure 70's muscle car at its finest!!

Welcome to the site Andrew.

I like the stripe on that car, it is really different. I think you desirve bonus points for posting a pic on the first post!!

Dericks,
When I got the car it was painted exactly like your avatar. About a year later I got into a minor fender bender and a front quaterpanel had to be replaced.I was insured to the hilt so I took it back to the dealership for the bodywork.They told me they would replace the quaterpanel and match the paint. As you may know fire engine red fades quicker than most, knowing this I told them if it did not match exactly I would not sign for the car.
They then asked me what color I wanted the car painted? I said two colors, it came in red and white and it would be painted black and Chrysler blue.At that time I was a fan of Don Carlton and the Mopar Missile, I showed them a picture and they said done.
When it got back from the dealership all my hotrod buds dubbed it the Blue Missile. Not only did the name stick but it became my CB Handle.
The reincarnation will be painted in a similar manner, but with the new paints available it will be done in a black metal flake with the stripes going from a candy powder blue in front to a deep cobalt candy twoards the back over a fine silver metalic.
I have attached a picture of the original Mopar Missile for those who are not that old.
Andrew

mopar missile.jpg

Andrew, welcome aboard from just another one of the fellas! ;-) I love your paint scheme planned for the car and admire what you're doing with it.

You've found the best site there is and you'll feel right at home in no time.

Welcome to FABO Andrew, awesome pic of your first car. New paint scheme sounds like it will be hot, can't wait to see the finished product. Hope you enjoy the site!

Outstanding Andrew and welcome
I can see clearly know :-k And remember the Mopar Missile :-D
Welcome to this great site and bringing back some MoPar history
I agree bonus points for a great story and a Picture in your first post.
We have some of the best of the best tec's here and some good folks here
I am looking forward to this build :cheers:

Howdy, from a fellow Texian. Glad you found us and decided to join our band of merry men (and a few women). Hope you come back often and keep us updated on the project.

Jerry

When the car was retired in the 70's it was sold to a man that owned the 7up/Dr Pepper bottler about 20 miles away. I helped build a Vega Dirt track car that ran well but we lost our driver. The Beverage company owner bought the Vega and put Duster sheet metal on it and ran it at Atomic Speedway just outside of Knoxville, TN. ( Oak Ridge ). They set a track record after running the car for only three weeks. The engine was pulled and put back in the Missile and sold. That was a bad *** engine.

-
Back