New to the F_BO forums

-

72challorange

Reaction score
Hey Guys/Gals,

My name is Tom and I've been lurking here for some time but decided to sign up after joining FEBO(same name also on Moparts and Cuda-challenger.com). We do have a 1965 Barracuda in the stable at this time.LOL

My runner is a 72 Challenger with a moper built 422. So far my best is 12.77 @ 109+mph with a 26" tire and 3.23's. Car weighs 3710lbs.

Tom:cheers:

65barracuda001tc9.jpg

wheels004kz9.jpg

Great looking cars!!! Welcome to the site and enjoy!!

That cuda has a nice color to it,lol.....kinda fond of it myself.

oh yeah,...welcome to the board.

Welcome!!I,ve also ran12.84 at 108 witha stroked 340(372=452hp dynoed)and it,s a 4 speed.Here,s a pic. and I,m building a 66 Dart for street/strip they,re a little lighter.hopeing to get in the low 11,s.

OCT 08 006.jpg

trim 027.jpg

Welcome Tom,:cheers:
It always nice to see more people join what I feel is the best Mopar sites on the net. Don't be shy with the pics.....we love pics! Thoes are very nice cars you have there:thumblef:

Welcome!! Question - that Chally is hemi orange, right? It just seems to me that some cars really "pop" with that color, and sometime the color seems dull on others. Does anybody know if there are different versions of hemi orange, or are there just a few orange colors that I cunfuse w/ Hemi orange?

I've seen similar variances in B5 blue cars. Some look light, while others look darker. I've heard that there was an updated version of B5 blue after 1970 - is that true? Is there a difference between 1969 B5 and 1971 B5? Was there a similar "update" with Hemi orange?

Welcome!! Question - that Chally is hemi orange, right? It just seems to me that some cars really "pop" with that color, and sometime the color seems dull on others. Does anybody know if there are different versions of hemi orange, or are there just a few orange colors that I cunfuse w/ Hemi orange?

I've seen similar variances in B5 blue cars. Some look light, while others look darker. I've heard that there was an updated version of B5 blue after 1970 - is that true? Is there a difference between 1969 B5 and 1971 B5? Was there a similar "update" with Hemi orange?

No, hemi orange looks real bright and deep in low light conditions and the gold really comes out in direct sunlight.
My barrcauda is hemi orange-V-2 and I hate the way it looks yellow/gold in the sun, but in lower light it looks acid orange which I love.
When the sun starts going down it looks more reddish.

Hey Tom, welcome by the way.
I like that purdy litle b'cuda you got to keep the challenger company, and the challenger sure makes the druel fly, what a gorgeous car!
Now you have a 'cuda in the works....I think you got it bad, which is GOOD!!!

I am always looking for an E-body myself, but it has to have a 1982 price tag LOL.

Thanks, I have a BC/CC on the Challenger. Some pics make it look light and dark on others.
All about the lighting I guess.
Tom
drag1hc1.jpg

fish053pf2.jpg

tommycar018or7.jpg

dsc00004smalldf8.jpg

I wish.LOL That trans photo is from the ad when I bought the 5spd kit and the Roadrunner(not duster) is in storage with my 70.

Tom

-
Back