New to the MOPAR family with a 66 Dart GT

-

Fryer1979

Gearhead
Reaction score
Hey y'all! I'm from a small hole in the wall part of the far northeastern corner of California. I've built a hand full of cars and trucks from both Ford and GM and honestly never figured a MOPAR would find its way into my shop. Well, one thing led to another through some horse trading and I wound up with a fairly straight and complete, but mostly disassembled 1966 Dart GT. I talked with some friends about good sources for info on these cars since I am no stranger to online forums, and they all pointed me here. I gotta say, seems like a pretty impressive page so far, and I'm looking forward to digging through to find out more about my little Dart. Several years ago I missed out on buying a really clean 69 (I think) Dart GTS, and have always wanted to build one for a driver since. So my plan is to build up a really basic and clean driver. One thing may upset the purists though, I never really cared for the front end of the 66...always thought it looked too plain and more like an after thought....so I have the front sheet metal off of a 66 Valiant sedan to use with it. I think it is gonna be pretty sweet, and I'm really excited about my first MOPAR build. Once I start really diving in to the car I'll start up a build thread for it. For now, here are a couple pics of how I got the car, then after my buddy and I bolted on some of the Valiant tin to get an idea of how it looks. Thanks for another great forum, and I'll be looking forward to hanging out here and there.

Attachments

• 2012-10-27 14.18.34.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 2012-12-30 17.17.26.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 2012-12-30 17.01.44.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 129
  • 2012-12-30 17.02.56.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 122
Welcome. Nice project you have there. Looking forward to your build/progress. You will enjoy this site. Lots of great people with advice and parts for sale.

Nice clean car you got there and it looks good with the valiant front clip different is good. This site is awesome and has tons of info.

Nice and clean project. Keep the pictures coming and good luck with your rebuild.

WELCOME ABOARD, that front clip has a cool look to it...GREAT. Going with a six or good ol V8? A nice 360 small block in there with around 400 horses would be great fun.

Welcome to the site. I like your Daliant or Valiart. JMO but '66 is the best year for a-bodies.

Thanks for the welcome fellas. Of course everything is always up in the air a bit when putting a car together, but for now I'm going to run the stock trans and rear end, and a buddy gave me a decent running 318 that I want to use in it. I just want a nice clean car I can jump into and drive anywhere, anytime. I guess we will see how she ends up. Thanks for the compliments on the valiant front end, it is one of my favorite things about this car. I can't wait to see it in paint. I will do my best to keep pictures coming, and will post a link to my build thread in my signature once I get one going.

Oh, yes that is a portion on a hotwheels collection hanging on my shop walls. My shop is my "man cave", lol.

Welcome to Fabo Fryer. Sounds like you're already having fun with your 66. Keep us posted with your progress. It looks like a fun twist to a 66 Dart! Feel free to post photos and info on the 66 Dart thread I started. The link is just below. toolmanmike

Attachments

• Dike car show 11-5.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 84
-
Back