New to the whole thing!

-

genepewl

Reaction score
I'm a Chevy guy that got seduced by a 72 Duster earlier this year. I love it. More importantly, my wife loves it, too. It appears to be in pretty good shape considering it spent the last 40 years in South Dakota.

Good stuff:
I'm the second owner. Numbers match. Found the broadcast sheet in the backseat. Runs and drives good.

Bad stuff:
Trunk is rusted through and needs to be replaced. Interior is sun damaged.

Other stuff:
I was told the mileage is original (less than 55k). It was repainted. Considering the rust in the trunk, I'm concerned there may be rust elsewhere that was covered up. Otherwise looks great! It also makes some odd noises that I need to look into.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of the community and look forward to many years in my sweet Duster!

Most of the rust in these you can see with an inspection, remove rear seat, carpets, side panels of interior. Rear quarters rust, floor and trunk pans, and if the drains in the cowl get plugged, that can rust through into the interior. Last, the area up under the rear window.

I'm on my first A body, a 67. In my "youth" I owned some B bodies, 2 RR's, a 64 426 and stuck a 340 into an old 62 FJ-40 Landcruiser.

The same thing that makes any engine run, makes these run. Parts interchange is pretty good, but there are some tricks. Some good guys on this board.

Welcome man. I came over to the MOPAR way of life about 1 year ago after building Chevy's/GM cars for over 30 years. Look forward to seeing some pics of your Duster.....Surprised nobody hit you with the dreaded :worthles:

reply yet....:cheers:

The FABO members have been a huge help with my build...you'll love it here.

Pat

Okay, okay... I will take and post pics as soon as I can. I should've seen that coming!

Mike, there's a 318 under the hood backed by an A904.

Also, I forgot that the decal on the rear is original. Whoever painted the car taped it off.

Woke up early, so I took some pics. Whatcha think?

Attachments

• IMG_5036small.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_5038small.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_5039small.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5042small.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_5043small.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_5047small.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_5049small.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_5052small.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_5053small.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_5056small.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 176
Welcome Aboard!
This is probably the best site for all "A" bodies. A great bunch of people who will just about hold your hand if they have too, just to make sure you get it fixed, and get it done right! Nice Look'in Duster!!

-
Back