NEW torn Dust boot, Replacements??

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
Ok, it's simple. I managed to put a 3/4" tear in one of the dust boots while trying to get them on my NEW lower balljoints (MOOG).

Does anyone know of a good place to get a replacement? I only need the one. The other boot went on without a problem.

The project has been rolling right along, so if this is the worst thing to happen along the way, I can't argue too much.

How soon do you need one? I can look this weekend and see if I kept the ones from my suspension rebuild since I switched to poly boots, so I have unused ones some where.

I would appreciate it. Let me know what you want for it.

I'm not in a hurry. I'm still waiting on my ceramic coated headers.
Are all the boots the same size/fit for the car, regardless of parts maker?

I am not sure, but these are moog. I would think they were all the same.

Go to your local checker auto parts or napa or whatever ya got close to you and look in their "Help" section. Help is a specialty parts section that has odd ball stuff, it's where I got replacement dust boots for my upper ball joints.

Sorry Superdart,

I can't find them. After moving I can't find anything. I bought my poly boots from http://www.prothane.com/ through Quickor Suspension , there are places in your area if you can't find one some where else.

Thanks.

I ordered a set of Energy Suspension boots from Autozone. They'll be here tomorrow.

Ouch, I bet that was spendy, oh well least you'll get it back together eh.

Uh...no....They were $13.98 for a set (all 4 ball joint boots).

-
Back