New Toy, Found my Barracuda

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
As some of you may know I was on the look out for a 67-69 Barracuda.Well I scored one this last weekend and towed it through 5 states and a winter storm in 3 of those states Sundy.It is a Formula S 273 4 speed car.Some of you may reconized the car it was owned by two past members Robb and Wagon 66.It is a solid CA body with only a few small issues.It is a basket case and I plan on starting stripping paint and primeing this April or so.Here are a few pics of it.The trunk lid is not original to the car and has some rust so I need a rustfree trunk lid if anyone can help.It also has a tiny hole in the floor under the heater core area on the passenger side so I need a small section of floor or a repo quarter section of floor.

Jim

Attachments

• FormS 036.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 481
  • FormS 037.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 473
  • FormS 038.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 465
I was told it is a non console car.Then what is the bracket next to the shifter hole?I have the buildsheet anyone know how to decode some of the codes for me?

nice ive always wanted a fastback. Dam you were determined to get one driving through states and through snowstorms lol

That looks like a console bracket to me. Cool project, did you get most of the parts with it?

Its not a console bracket, it prevents a bench seat from going too far forward, and it is there whether you have a bench or not.

Send me pics of your build sheet, VIN, and fender tag, and I can decode everything- and get a copy of the IBM build card from Chrysler dammit!
(that's a 67, right?)

I almost bought a 67 273 4 speed car last year, very complete but way rusted, so not so complete I guess- nice car!

I was told it is a non console car.Then what is the bracket next to the shifter hole?I have the buildsheet anyone know how to decode some of the codes for me?

It must have been a benchseat car and that bracket keeps you from adjusting the seat so far up you that you can't grab 2nd & 4th.

Looks like a nice solid start, good luck...

Great base car for your project.My next project will be a 67-69 Cuda FB.What are your plans?Are you staying with a 273?:cheers:

I have a 68 conv,4 speed bucket seats,no console it has that bracket.I can hook you up with a lid,I have a 67 im parting.Im the one that bought your spyder wheels.Let me know

It is complete but I am sure a few small parts may be missing.All the parts are just in boxes and not marked.I am going to go through everything and take inventory,catalog,and box everything in plastic tubs.This is my first Cuda so I may have a few questions on what a few of the parts are.I do have the fender tag and buildsheet and will take a pic of both and send them to you Matton.The car came with very nice black buckets seats and rear seat.Looks like factory bucket seat brackets on the floor.My buddy has a new rebuilt 300 HP 318 that I am going to buy and put in it.I will probably put headers on it also.As far as silver I am not sure I will repaint it silver or not.The car also came with all new red metallic interior.

Jim

Silver with red interior is awesome!
If that is the original set up I would definitely go with that, no question.
I wonder if that came with a stripe?

It was originally Silver with black interior.I think Black with the red interior would look pretty good.But black is so hard to keep clean so it probably will go back to silver.

Nice score Jim,or should I say nice catch...I had a friend years ago who had a silver 68 fastback and it looked great.I seem to recall it had a green interior but I think having red would look way better.
Be cool to see how the fender tag decodes on it.

Matthon is helping me decode some of it.I know for sure it is a 273,4 speed,Formula S,Silver paint,black interior,bucket seats,no console,manual steering.

Can you get a picture from the side of that bracket next to the shifter hole?

Here is the bracket near the shifter hole.What the hell is it?

Attachments

• bracket 001.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 188
  • bracket 002.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 179
  • bracket 003.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 175
I need the floor area between the two pieces of tape,front passenger side.I have 3 holes about the size of a dime.Anyone have a original piece of floor?Or maybe a repo quarter floor they are not going to use?

Attachments

• bracket 004.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 172
-
Back