New TQ, which one?

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Im looking for a good converter. I want one that footbrakes high and flashes at around 3800-4000, maybe footbrake 3000?

But if possible I want it to drive like a lower stall on the street. Abodyjoe said his 9.5 PTC does something similar this, but Ive seen some people like PTC and some dont and so on. What is a good converter in the 300-450 range that will get me what I want

They said a 9 1/2 4000 stall would b good, but they want 800!!!!!

That doesn't sound out of line for a good converter. It will be a world of difference from somethin like a B&M. Not that B&M doesn't make good stuff. They do. It's kinda like Comp Cams. They cut them camshafts at specs that will work "good" with all kinda makes...so they grind the same grind for everything. It's low cost for them, and the end product is "good" for the customer. Like those camshafts, companies like B&M build cookie cutter converters in sorta a "one size fits all" concept. Or at the most "a few sizes fit all". That makes it real easy for them to crank out millions of product at a low price...and it's a product a lot of people have been satisfied usin. But the more power you get, the faster you're supposed to go. With that in mind, companies like SMR and what our own John Cope run cater to the racer or street enthusiast that wants to get serious about the transfer of power to their drivetrain. The level of converters we're talkin about here is far beyond what any off the shelf B&M or the like is capable of. Lastly, the level of warranty and support you get from a custom converter company is second to none. they know your combination and have build a product specifically designed for it. If there is a problem, they usually are much easier to work with. The price you pay reaps benefits two fold. The superior product and the follow up after the sale.

I was just getting ready to ask the same question in another thread. Any good converter builders here in So. Cal. that could supply a converter like 74 Burntorange and I want?

I was just getting ready to ask the same question in another thread. Any good converter builders here in So. Cal. that could supply a converter like 74 Burntorange and I want?

im going to ask a friend who has twin turbo dart down here, and see what he says.

That doesn't sound out of line for a good converter. It will be a world of difference from somethin like a B&M. Not that B&M doesn't make good stuff. They do. It's kinda like Comp Cams. They cut them camshafts at specs that will work "good" with all kinda makes...so they grind the same grind for everything. It's low cost for them, and the end product is "good" for the customer. Like those camshafts, companies like B&M build cookie cutter converters in sorta a "one size fits all" concept. Or at the most "a few sizes fit all". That makes it real easy for them to crank out millions of product at a low price...and it's a product a lot of people have been satisfied usin. But the more power you get, the faster you're supposed to go. With that in mind, companies like SMR and what our own John Cope run cater to the racer or street enthusiast that wants to get serious about the transfer of power to their drivetrain. The level of converters we're talkin about here is far beyond what any off the shelf B&M or the like is capable of. Lastly, the level of warranty and support you get from a custom converter company is second to none. they know your combination and have build a product specifically designed for it. If there is a problem, they usually are much easier to work with. The price you pay reaps benefits two fold. The superior product and the follow up after the sale.

cope sells ptc though

A-1 moved to washington, they'd be one choice of mine.

Munsinger is in Chino, but, be prepared to wait forever if you aren't one of the stock/super stock guys.

I'm one that wouldn't put a PTC converter in a trash truck. I would put one in the trash area though...

You'll find people that have had problems with every converter manufacturer. The ones I run are A-1, ATI and Turbo Action. Ultimate makes a good piece as well as dynamic. Pick your poison.

Hey Tony what brand was that converter that took out your new stroker???

I am wondering if anybody on here has tried BDR torque converters in Buffalo,N.Y.,maybe they build a quality product,pricing looks good,see web site.

haha ok Dynamic it is...Maybe I can sell my 3400 BTE and cut some of the price

Hey Tony what brand was that converter that took out your new stroker???

Three Letters in name...first letter is between O and Q...

I have 4 904 Turbo Action converters..they have in and out of difference cars..

never had to ship one back to be fixed....one was bought new back in 1982..

In fact that old one is on floor getting ready to go back in a 71 Demon...

-
Back