New Trans Am - Bandit style

-
No it's not. Not one single Trans Am came from the factory with Chevy power from 1969 to 1979 and maybe a little after that. They had Olds 403 power a few of the last years, but that's acceptable, since those engines hauled ***. All the rest before were Pontiac power.

point was that you weren't always getting a pontiac power plant in a trans am.. and it was just a camaro with a different grill and tail lights.

I can tell you've never been in a 403 powered Trans Am. Regardless of their advertised HP rating, the torque is what made them fast. ....and they were fast.

wasn't the little red the faster at the time.. a nicely tuned one would only run a high 14 second quarter mile so the T/A couldn't have been all that fast.. i'll admit when i was young even a 15 second car seemed fast though..

wasn't the little red the faster at the time.. a nicely tuned one would only run a high 14 second quarter mile so the T/A couldn't have been all that fast.. i'll admit when i was young even a 15 second car seemed fast though..

How sad for American muscle back then a factory truck faster then anything else else being made..

couldn't you call the Camaro a rebadged firebird?? Id much rather have a firebird or trans am over a Camaro. Id much rather have a 77 over that new thing. I also wish Pontiac was still around. My first car was a 67 with a 326 4bbl and a two speed.

1/4 mile times, sure, but the little red wouldn't run 140 plus.

couldn't you call the Camaro a rebadged firebird?? Id much rather have a firebird or trans am over a Camaro. Id much rather have a 77 over that new thing. I also wish Pontiac was still around. My first car was a 67 with a 326 4bbl and a two speed.

X2.. Miss my ',72 Formula 400 hooptie. Ran DAMN hard,for what it was. I like that one a lot,some shop a few years back ,did the (late model conversion..)70-73 Trans Am White with blue stripe motif. I considering its better looking,than that one ,JHMO..

truck performance, especially with mother mopar, is nothing new. Not just the late 70's Lil Red Express's, look at the years '92-'01. It went Viper (60k$$??) to what, a 5.2 magnum Dakota/5.9 Dakota R/T (did somewhere in there a 35k crossfire show up??). The GM cyclones/Typhoons blazers were fast (V6 turbos).

Wonder if they tried to get Sally involved?

And if the 1/4 mile times are all that matter. I think your in trouble. I don't see this having enough rear tire to plant those 800+ horse effectively. I think a standing order at the local tire shop would be in my future and me and the judge would end up on a first name bases. I'd have to just start a new billpay account just for the fines.

Whew!!! I think I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance.

No it's not. Not one single Trans Am came from the factory with Chevy power from 1969 to 1979 and maybe a little after that. They had Olds 403 power a few of the last years, but that's acceptable, since those engines hauled ***. All the rest before were Pontiac power.

I ran a Pontiac in the old days, a 350. It had a lot of power for my 19 year old self...kids nowa day don't know what they are missing driving 4 cylinder fart can crap.

Wonder if they tried to get Sally involved?

And if the 1/4 mile times are all that matter. I think your in trouble. I don't see this having enough rear tire to plant those 800+ horse effectively. I think a standing order at the local tire shop would be in my future and me and the judge would end up on a first name bases. I'd have to just start a new billpay account just for the fines.

Whew!!! I think I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance.

Really.... thats what they make drag radials for:burnout::burnout:

-
Back