** NEW ** Trick Flow LA cylinder heads introduced at SEMA

-
That's the difference between porting by hand (1700$) and CNC in larger volumes (425$).
Now it would be interesting to see how the Shocker CNC does in comparison to a hand ported head.
Will the difference in power be worth 1300$? LOL

I don't see what the big deal is . TF 240 BB heads are not some incredible power making head. In fact if Edelbrock would offer an all CNC ported version of their heads both big/small block they would equal the TF offerings. When TF finally releases them which I believe will be Septemberish it will be interesting to see what happens with them in the hands of independent builders/testers/racers. J.Rob

I could talk with bob at modern to see if he would give a better price on CNC if we got multiple sets to be done at the same time

For within a hundred bucks you will be able to buy the assembled CNC’ed Trick Flow small block heads.
Wouldnt even remotely consider the promaxx heads when the the Trick Flows become available
Key words in your post.
“When they become available.”
There not out yet and since there not, there not up for discussion or consideration if your ready to purchase & use now. It’s like your pointing at a ghost.

Every once in a while, some knot head says something stupid to me.

“You should have went with the Edelbrock Victor head.”

I say “That would have been an excellent choice IF the head was available at the time I built the engine but since it was not available, how does your comment help?”

You cannot use what is not available to you.

Last edited:
Key words in your post.
“When they become available.”
There not out yet and since there not, there not up for discussion or consideration if your ready to purchase & use now. It’s like your pointing at a ghost.

Every once in a while, some knot head says something stupid to me.

“You should have went with the Edelbrock Victor head.”

I say “That would have been an excellent choice IF the head was available at the time I built the engine but since it was not available, how does your comment help?”

You can use what is not available to you.

They likely will be out before any of us up North here are gonna get out to start the season.
I personally am gonna wait for them. Got a perfectly good motor now to get by with. Rather wait and get what is 99% likely to be a better quality casting that will make more power for about same dollars.

For within a hundred bucks you will be able to buy the assembled CNC’ed Trick Flow small block heads.
Wouldnt even remotely consider the promaxx heads when the the Trick Flows become available

Promaxx are for the pair and trick flows are each. $2k vs $4k... bit of a difference. No opinion from me on what way to go, but just making sure people knew.

Looking forward to seeing the new intake, as it looks like an improved version of the M1 single plane which is no longer made.

As for the heads, I believe they will be the best LA head for the money on the market when they finally release. The closest apples to apples comparison is a set of Edelbrock heads that have been CNC ported by the likes of Hughes, Modern, or Indy, and those are gonna run the cost of the heads $1700ish plus CNC porting $1300ish. $3000 for Eddys vs $2200 for TFs no comparison IMO.

I don't see what the big deal is . TF 240 BB heads are not some incredible power making head. In fact if Edelbrock would offer an all CNC ported version of their heads both big/small block they would equal the TF offerings. When TF finally releases them which I believe will be Septemberish it will be interesting to see what happens with them in the hands of independent builders/testers/racers. J.Rob

What are you selling the promax heads for out of your shop?

Right, $2200 each. Promaxx are that same price for a pair, was my point.

Man, I'm not sure where you are finding that price. The first page of this thread says 1100 each. 2200 pair.
This thread says the same.
Trick flow
And also this:
Price i was given on these was 1095 each. That price( version of the offering) includes trick flow( PAC) roller springs good to 680 lift, and quality parts and valve job. setup for mechanical roller cam
I plan on running these heads with a 263/273 Howards roller on a 418 shortblock at about 12.75 compression with those 60cc chambers with around 650 lift.
Should get my 3250-3300 pound car in the low 10’s i would think without working up much of a sweat.
My days of 9’s are over, way more hassle rules wise to go just a bit faster. These heads should be perfect for me in my goal.... i hope
In the meantime keep pecking away with my little 360

Best bang for the buck, as of today.
Read a thread on another Forum about how those CNC shocker heads can be 20 CFM shy of what's advertised =285 cfm -20=265cfm
Which should not be a surprise, variance that is in reproducing that or should I say duplicating that same CNC on different ports that shifted differently

Read a thread on another Forum about how those CNC shocker heads can be 20 CFM shy of what's advertised =285 cfm -20=265cfm
Which should not be a surprise, variance that is in reproducing that or should I say duplicating that same CNC on different ports that shifted differently
I when I read these things, I can only wonder at what bore size the company flowed them at and what the purchaser did and how he did. 20 cfm is a major discrepancy.

I when I read these things, I can only wonder at what bore size the company flowed them at and what the purchaser did and how he did. 20 cfm is a major discrepancy.

You still line up the bore with the straight side even when it's too large, so the diff is only a few.

-
Back