New TrickFlow vs Edelbrock Victor340 intake testing. Numbers are in.

-
That’s because the intended RPM is just a WAG based on a bunch of variables.
lol, I don't agree. TF and Edelbrock design and manufacture their own parts to their specifications unlike some companies that copy others without any data to support their claims. Yes, I'm sure variables come into play but it's definitely not a wild *** guess.

lol, I don't agree. TF and Edelbrock design and manufacture their own parts to their specifications unlike some companies that copy others without any data to support their claims. Yes, I'm sure variables come into play but it's definitely not a wild *** guess.

So that manifold will peak at the same RPM with a 340 and a 408? Doesn’t happen like that in the real world.

At best it’s an educated guess. At best

Some good information Thanks
Have you every CC an intake? have a friend that has done many of them, very interesting to see the difference. I think everybody would be shock how big a Thermoquad intake is.

Last edited:
Be nice to see what the dyno would have to say doing some mixing and matching. Wouldn’t be a hard test to do if you had the parts available.
I have some big plans for the dyno but between my wife's health and dealing with the expense/teething issues of putting together a dyno things are behind by a year or so lol. Tim and I have plans to test a multitude of things on a hot "street/strip" 360 including intakes, heads etc. Between him, another friend and I we have every intake ever made for small block mopar, a set of unported rpm heads, a set of trickflows and several sets of speedmasters. The plan is to film it all and edit it into episdoes for our youtube channel. We finally have the dyno operating with efficiency (although I still have to verbally abuse Tim once in a while but at least it's not as much as before lol) he is fianally making some progress on the engines waiting to be done. It will definitely happen at some point just not sure about the time frame.

@pittsburghracer Just realized this is a long/off topic post in your flow numbers thread, let me know if you want me to delete it, I can start a thread some day down the road.

Last edited:
So that manifold will peak at the same RPM with a 340 and a 408? Doesn’t happen like that in the real world.

Obviously not. I’m referring to the minimum and maximum useable rpm range.

I have some big plans for the dyno but between my wife's health and dealing with the expense/teething issues of putting together a dyno things are behind by a year or so lol. Tim and I have plans to test a multitude of things on a hot "street/strip" 360 including intakes, heads etc. Between him, another friend and I we have every intake ever made for small block mopar, a set of unported rpm heads, a set of trickflows and several sets of speedmasters. The plan is to film it all and edit it into episdoes for our youtube channel. We finally have the dyno operating with efficiency (although I still have to verbally abuse Tim once in a while but at least it's not as much as before lol) he is fianally making some progress on the engines waiting to be done. It will definitely happen at some point just not sure about the time frame.

@pittsburghracer Just realized this is a long/off topic post in your flow numbers thread, let me know if you want me to delete it, I can start a thread some day down the road.

That’s fine buddy. It’s all about testing. This post is winding down and waiting for the next chapter. I will try to add what each intake weights(my back meter says the Victor340 is heavier) and I’ll try to string measure some runners and maybe snap-gauge a few runners.

So not a wild *** guess? I guess we finally agree to something. lol

no it doesn't ,it can't. probably peak earlier on a 408.

I think a single plane with a given runner length will peak at a similar RPM regardless of displacement. This stuff is all tuning reflected waves which move at a more or less constant speed.

I'm kind of surprised the Trick Flow didn't outshine the Victor as the finish on the Trick Flow looks better/cleaner or more finished.

I'm kind of surprised the Trick Flow didn't outshine the Victor as the finish on the Trick Flow looks better/cleaner or more finished.

Im Telling you the Victor340 is stiff competition to compete against. If I find a spare 15 minutes I may gasket match the number 4 runner on the Victor340 and do a quick retest. My guess is we would see a nice jump just from that. After this weekend’s race and one day to put things away for the winter it’s go time.

Vic knew his stuff, that's why Chicom is copying him.
I think the true test would be matching the Trick flow manifold on Trick flow heads and vice versa. OOTB

In the spirit of :poke:
How much faster does your flow bench go at the track between the manifolds tested ?
I wanna see the time slips.

Lol, I had to John.

I think the true test would be matching the Trick flow manifold on Trick flow heads and vice versa. OOTB

I don’t need that test to convince me. But then again I’m just an old guy with an opinion.

I set the intake gasket on my Trick Flow heads before installing the Victor 340 intake, and then when I received the Trick Flow intake, I did the same. Based on what I saw, the ports were pretty darn close to being matched to each other out of the box. Gasket matching would open them up slightly.

Believe me John, I'm not questioning you.
Your opinion is mostly fact in my book.

It’s one thing testing and forming and option visually and by sound. But in this case I’m honestly only forming an opinion from what I see. Tim and I had this discussion yesterday afternoon and we both kinda agree on it. That top 90 degree has to be killing flow or at least disrupting flow.

Last edited:
Ok very small update I noticed while stacking up some work. First a couple pictures of the Victor340 intake (left) and TrickFlow intake. Notice how much higher the runners appear to be on the TrickFlow intake. Laying a straightedge across them the TrickFlow with a tape measure is approximately 3/8 inch higher. The Victor340 has a slanted flange and the TrickFlow is straight

IMG_0176.jpeg

IMG_0177.jpeg

IMG_0178.jpeg

So this made me grab my old Super Victor intake (far right). The runners on this intake are way higher than the TrickFlow and measured another 1 1/4 inches higher than the TrickFlow

IMG_0179.jpeg

IMG_0180.jpeg

IMG_0181.jpeg

Visually, the Trick Flow looks like it would perform better than the Victor 340 in my opinion.... lol

Visually, the Trick Flow looks like it would perform better than the Victor 340 in my opinion.... lol

But to go deeper if you have a ported Victor340 that loses very few cfm on a ported set of 300 plus heads there’s a very small window to beat out.

-
Back