Not open for further replies.

2fine69s

69 340-6pak Rag Top
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys,
I'm in need of a new upper steering column bearing for a 69 Dart floor shift column. I have found several lower bearings (bushing), but not uppers.
Thanks,
Martin

Hi Martin,

I don't have one on the shelf today....but I can order one in and have it here in 3-4 days and ready to ship to you.

Part# TM-2265656, $38.95 plus shipping, original Chrysler part.

Rick

Take the 3 bearing dimensions to a local industrial supply or even a bicycle shop. Its been a few years but I did buy one locally.

Take the 3 bearing dimensions to a local industrial supply or even a bicycle shop. Its been a few years but I did buy one locally.
Same here. Years ago King Bearing in NJ had just about everything you could imagine.....

You've actually had one go bad?? How big was that hammer you were using? :) I have some used ones if you choose to go that route. Good for 30 years, 3 million miles, or our departure from this earth, whichever comes last! $10 delivered in a padded envelope.
Thanks, Mark

Yeah that little bearing was rust-crusty. Wouldn't have known it without having the column on the workbench, and giving it a spin.
There you can hear and feel a roar you would never notice in the car.

Hey guys,
Redfish is dead on, you can't tell if the bearing is gone unless you can turn it with out any drag on it. I got this one yesterday and was giving it the once over, when I noticed grinding and drag as I spun the shaft around. I'd rather build it now that pull it back out later.

Rick,
Does your truck for the Nats have one on it? I'll need the lower also. Also, have the White 69 Bucket Seat Head Rests come in yet?
Martin

Hey Doug,
Thanks for looking out for me. All the lowers I have are just used. I'd put a new one in if it were me. We should be able to find them at the Nats, boy am I looking forward to it.
Parts, Parts, Parts and more parts.......
Later

2fine go to the dealer and have them look it up they are still available.

2265656: upper bearing steering column 66-71 all models $20.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back