new vids

-

demon_408

Reaction score
here are some some vids of the car since bjr did the heads . this is in front of the house. car had a bit of a stumble .

th_dustervideo003.jpg

th_dustervideo002.jpg

sounds like crap suggestion on the stumble ?

th_dustervideo003.jpg

th_dustervideo003.jpg

th_dustervideo002.jpg

th_dustervideo002.jpg

Sounds like you have some valves out of adjustment and change the squirter in the front of the carb to about 4 #'s larger, or you may have to richen the fuel by jetting it up more but pull a plug and see what they look like. I know you really can't tell but they should be somewhat black, another way of telling is to look at the threads of the plug the top 3 threads should be dry if not then lean the fuel out some and try again but you really need to be at the track and makeing full passes to really tell.

What stall torque converter are you running? In addition to what BJR said, the stall might be somewhat low for your application too. That cam sounds pretty big.

BTW, it looks like it hauls *** when the revs come up.

nah my neighbors are pretty cool . the guy down the street has a s-10 that is pretty bad and he really does crazy ****... needs some minor adjustments then its track time

That amount stall shouldn't be the problem. I looked up a solid lift cam similiar to your specs (actually a bit smaller). 4000 to 7000 rpm was the "basic" rpm range. You seem to know what you're doing, so I won't tell you that'll never pull like a truck down low.

This is the fun part where you try get it to run on the street as well as haul on the track. Timing, squirters, power valves and jetting will all come into play. Once some people get to this level, many just plug the power valves or switch to a "non-power valve style" metering block like the Quick Fuel. Have fun and let us know how it turns out! :burnout:

well it had a 1.45 60ft before the heads were ported and changed the carb as for the paint its one of those things where they say look at that piece of ****...lol

-
Back